Smallest bypass/looper pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by AshlandBump, Oct 25, 2005.

1. AshlandBump

AshlandBump Member

The country I come from is called the Midwest.
    I need the smallest possible looper/bypass pedal I can find. Any suggestions?

2. Leucadian

Leucadian Guest

check www.robertkeeley.com

Keeley makes these little loopers ($65.00 each) that are about 1" by 3.5." They even have an L.E.D. (to let you know if the effect is in the signal path) which can be powered by a pedal power or whatever... but the looper itself is passive and doesn't need power. I have two of them that I have never used and am willing to sell to a fellow Gear Pager such as yourself for a good price...let me know if interested.

3. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Get the Keeley, I have one and it is perfect.

4. Jumblefingers

Jumblefingers Supporting Member

Check here - looks like this is all they do! Many products...

www.loooper.com

:cool:

5. Yek

Yek Member

6. MattB

MattB Member

+1 for loooper

7. Cody McLain

Cody McLain Member

Leucadian, check your mail....

8. Leucadian

Leucadian Guest

Cody...check your email

9. g-nem

g-nem Member

A friend of mine has the keeley, and I have a loooper, and the keeley is marginally smaller. But they're both real small. Any smaller and you'll have a hard time only hitting the switch you want to!

10. AshlandBump

AshlandBump Member

The country I come from is called the Midwest.
    Thanks for the responses -- got the info I needed. Looks like it will be a Keeley or a Looop.

11. Leucadian

Leucadian Guest

The Keeley Loopers I mentioned have been sold...

12. rustyb

rustyb Member

13. plowkraut

plowkraut Member

+3 for loooper. I have two larger units with various options. Love them both.

14. Frethog

Frethog Member

I have 1 each of the Keeley looper and the Bogg’s Loooper. Both seem to have the precise desired effect.

The Keeley is thinner, almost so much that even after I applied some Velcro it still ‘lists’ when I step on it. It’s like accidentally stepping on a bottle-neck slide on the floor. You could turn an ankle (I exaggerate). I also would prefer it with just one LED. As it is, you must remember whether blue or red means on or off. Consider that you will receive the same professional service from Keeley that he always brings. I *heart* Keeley products.

The Loooper is about the same width as a MXR phaser, perhaps a hair wider. It comes with a single bright LED. Dave has some human distractions but makes a top quality product that just seems well designed.

I wish the Keeley looper was a little wider with just one LED. If the Loooper was 1.5 centimeters thinner, it would be perfect.

15. Yek

Yek Member

Got a mini TB box from Loop-Master last month. It's thinner than a Mini Loooper and professionally built.

16. Frethog

Frethog Member

It appears to be the same size as a Keeley looper without any LEDs (I should mention...for less than half the price) The one thing I have really enjoyed about small-business pedals is BRIGHT LEDS.

My Keeley modded TS-9, BD-2, and Metal Zone (long traded...) and looper all included impressive LEDs (although the mello wah mod's LED is dissapointing, I'll never be able to see that little purple LED on a sunny day outside).

The Loooper is super-easy to see at a glance.

When the adrenaline starts flowing, I want to be able to ascertain visually if my pedal or loop is operational.

17. Yek

Yek Member

Yes, there's a version with LED (mine has a LED). It 's on the bottom half of his TB Units webpage.

18. g-nem

g-nem Member

I've also noticed that with the smaller boxes, there is an annoying leaning when you step on them. I solved this by building my own and screwing it onto my board to make it stable.