Smart People Factory

offlinepk

Silver Supporting Member
SPF,
Just wanted to plug this company out of Auburn Washington, which happens to be my hometown. I contacted Nathan at SPF about their delay pedal, the I-5, and got a great response with detailed info and where I could purchase one locally. They guitar shop happened to be out of stock, so he offered to ship me one. 2 days later Ive got a great delay pedal and a nice hand written note.

Now I know they are not a huge company or have that much buzz about them. But, in my experience they have a great product (only played the the I-5 so far) and great customer service.

Cant wait to try there other pedals and maybe one day they'll make a octave pedal.

This is not some shameless self promotion, but I feel that they are worthy of some kind words.

Cheers
Zack

Geetar_Will

Silver Supporting Member
I gassed after their delay for a while but couldn't rationalize picking a third delay up. I'd still love to try it though. Horray for the NW!

justonwo

Platinum Supporting Member
Great name. What differentiates their delay from others out there?

RJM/rydog2223

Hey! I picked up a I-5 delay about six months back on a whim and it has remained on pedal board since, VERY versatile delay and not a lot of knobs to mess with. Took the place of my DL-4. Very warm sounding delay and awesome tape "slap" sounds as well. Cool to see some love for them. A1 product indeed! Another cool thing about the delay is that it has a FX loop in the pedal where you can loop a effect in just the delays. Cool to mess with!

KBN

Silver Supporting Member
I had a Greenline overdrive. Great pedal. Not sure why I sold it.

getbent

I use an I-5. Really great pedal, I saw the doobies at a corporate event awhile back and noticed they all used them...

it is a great digital that acts analog delay.

Julia343

I just added one of theirs to my board:

RedThreat-1.jpg

It's a distortion pedal that is totally full throttle. Supposedly there is a peaceful co-existance with a quieter side of this, but I haven't explored that yet. I'm having too much fun with the full throttle side.:dude

drod2045

ive heard of noise issues with the i-5 delay. does it capture the tape sound like it says on the website? tape as in some chorusy shimmer and warble...

Clifford-D

Greenline, I will not ever get rid of this pedal. I use it for comping
and 1st stage gain, before my ZenDrive 2 (2nd level of od assault)

Great for Sco type chords. It loves chords.

Sounds great pumping into my Zendrive 2,
still very much Zen but bigger and badder.
And the Greenline/Zen allows for chords to chime.
(that's my 3rd level of od, killer)

steinwand

what i like with th i-5 is the effects loop.
this is where I insert a overdrive and a vibe ...
interesting sound possibilities there.

Now I know they are not a huge company or have that much buzz about them. But, in my experience they have a great product (only played the the I-5 so far) and great customer service.

I see their pedals everywhere. Just because there's not much buzz on internet forums doesn't mean the other 99.9% of guitarists out there arent buying them up. Don't be fooled in to thinking that TGP is a broad cross section of the rest of the guitar playing world.

cameron

I got the I-5 a couple of years ago and found it completely unusable. It sounds fine if there's nothing between it and the guitar. But with anything that boosts the signal in front of it, the A2D converter is overwhelmed and the pedal emits horrible digital distortion. Since anyone will generally want to run a delay near the end of a signal chain, if not at the very end, being unable to goose the signal in any way makes the pedal completely useless.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom