• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Smashed a tube. Need to replace.

docgorpon

During a gig, a 6L6 rattled out and broke. It's a 100 watt combo (4 power tubes). I need to get by cheap for now. Do I have to replace a pair (as opposed to just the one)? Is there any way to avoid going to a tech for a biasing job? I mean, tone is my main concern. So I don't really want to skimp on that.

What kind of amp is it, and what tubes are in it now?? if their graded, with numbers on them, you would just buy another with the same rating.

nitehawk55

Sounds like you had better spend some $$ and get good tube retainers if they are rattling loose and falling out :messedup

Trout

Is there any way to avoid going to a tech for a biasing job? I mean, tone is my main concern. So I don't really want to skimp on that.
You should REALLY replace the entire Quad not just the pair or single tube. You should also get the biased checked when doing the tube change.

I would also if possible have the tech install tube retainers to prevent this from happening again, especially on an amp the gets hauled around to gigs.

Sounds like you had better spend some $$ and get good tube retainers if they are rattling loose and falling out :messedup

I was typing that at the same time as you LOL

docgorpon

Sovtek tubes. No rating. The problem is that they're pretty damn new. Would really hate to go out and by a whole new round if I don't have to. Tube guard is on the list for sure.

Trending Topics