Smashing Pumpkins used to sound like The Smiths!

360MG

This is NOT even a musical preference thread!

Its about one band from the 90’s and how different they sounded when they originally formed. Original post included a reference to one band from the 80’s. The OP made no claims that this band or the singer was better than anything other than perhaps their former selves.
That is an excellent point. Could have been a good thread.

Adolf

How valiant for you to be her champion, brave knight. No one cares. She died of a drug overdose, it's a simple fact. If even bringing it up gets your fantasy all confused....well, you should get help for your fanaticism. If she were still alive, obviously you'd be on a shortlist of stalkers.

She's as much a stranger to you as she is to my dog. And, did I mention that she was dead? So, this is like some weird necrophilia thing you have going on.

Take a break from the internet. Go outside. There are actually LIVING people and CURRENT causes you can pour all of that attention and obsessiveness into. But, please do it in a positive way, not this super-creepy Norman Bates style thing you've been putting out in full display through all of these threads.
I'm going to denounce this nauseating answer

RanaldoNecro

Silver Supporting Member
The Smiths never really had a huge impact in the US. Maybe because of their short life span or because of Moz antics. They only had an impact on the coasts.

Also, why hasn't anyone mentioned that Zombie and Disarm are on the same real estate on the fretboard?

Adolf

The Smiths never really had a huge impact in the US. Maybe because of their short life span or because of Moz antics. They only had an impact on the coasts.

Also, why hasn't anyone mentioned that Zombie and Disarm are on the same real estate on the fretboard?
In the US nor in continental Europe. The short life issue is not a just cause, Joy Division were big in continental Europe shortly after Curtis died

Troglite

Playing the victim after repeatedly antagonizing people is troll-like behavior.

In fairness, some of the push back you are getting is over the line. Ad hominid attacks are never constructive and I won’t defend them. But I can understand and sympathize with the frustration that has brought those members of this community to that point.

Start a thread about how much you love the cranberries. I will happily post to it.

Talk more about what era of the smashing pumpkins you preferred or other bands that demonstrate similar changes over time in this thread. I will happily read and respond to them.

Obsession is not healthy.

Making fun of a person's death is very mean.

Adolf

Didn't she accidentally drown as a result of acute alcohol intoxication?
He is specifically mentioning drug overdose, not alcohol intoxication resulting in loss of consciousness in the bathtub and subsequent drowning.

cookieshoes

You should learn to read, because she didn't die of a drug overdose.

C'mon dude, what kind of superfan are you? This should be Chapter 1 in your Gospel According to Dolores...

"The Cranberries front woman Dolores O'Riordan died by drowning due to alcohol intoxication"

"She had no injuries or evidence of self harm, and had drunk an excessive amount of alcohol, expert witnesses said."

Then again, how much can we really trust the BBC, right? I mean, they still haven't "made it" in America, either.

snoqualmie

Silver Supporting Member
You should learn to read, because she didn't die of a drug overdose.

Is there is a reason you feel the need to do this often in threads about bands other than the Cranberries? Do you need attention or are you just trolling? I'm not sure which but either way it's really lame.

Back to the actual subject, Smashing Pumpkins!

Mortïcïa

The Smiths was an early and poorer version of The Cranberries, only without that folk component of and with a tremendously better vocalist (the Irish band)

Omg! I hate the Smiths but are you saying they travelled forward in time and stole The Cranberries ideas? The only thing that narcissist Morrissey stole was daffodils. Next you'll be saying Jefferson Airplane or Big Brother and the Holding Company were earlier versions of something that came later. Sheesh.

I still listen to The Corrs btw :)

Adolf

Playing the victim after repeatedly antagonizing people is troll-like behavior.

In fairness, some of the push back you are getting is over the line. Ad hominid attacks are never constructive and I won’t defend them. But I can understand and sympathize with the frustration that has brought those members of this community to that point.

Start a thread about how much you love the cranberries. I will happily post to it.

Talk more about what era of the smashing pumpkins you preferred or other bands that demonstrate similar changes over time in this thread. I will happily read and respond to them.

Obsession is not healthy.
If I opened a thread about tham It would only receive disparagements

Trending Topics

Top Bottom