Smashing Pumpkins used to sound like The Smiths!

Adolf

I'm not prone to the mystic, romantic or mythic Mozzer crap, and I've been a Smiths follower since hey were an active band, but I also don't believe singers belong in leagues. Morrissey is the voice of The Smiths. Full stop. I'd have as little interest in hearing Dolores O'Riordan fronting Marr, Rourke and Joyce as I'd have hearing Morrissey crooning his way through the Cranberries library.
The fact that he has been the voice of The Smiths since their founding does not give him a vocal quality per se. I agree that his voice is iconic and distinguishable but I still think he is not a good vocalist

Slo Lerner

The Smashing Pumpkins used to sound like The Smiths...but now they sound like a Smith & Wesson...to the head!?:eeks

dumbass-with-big-gun-gif.52190
Ouch, that looks like it hurt

Slo Lerner

Yeah HUGE difference! I may be in the minority but I always liked the early stuff and couldn’t stand the “I’m a tortured heroin addict” dirty/scummy vibe of the later stuff. Al just morphed into this vile dude who looked like a dirty insect. Watching him made me want to take a shower and get a tetanus shot.
Haha, he definitely did look like a 'dirty insect'! I like a fair amount of Ministry's stuff and saw them three or four times over the years but have to say, one of my very favorite of theirs, "Revenge" is a straight up great synth pop song

Troglite

Yes!!! Early Ministry is radically different. Both eras had something to offer.

Haha, he definitely did look like a 'dirty insect'! I like a fair amount of Ministry's stuff and saw them three or four times over the years but have to say, one of my very favorite of theirs, "Revenge" is a straight up great synth pop song

BlackSG91

Strikes me as closer to (bad) Cure than The Smiths.

Speaking of another Smith...Robert Smith of the Cure apparently had a long running fued with with his friend Morrisey. For quite awhile Robert had a beef with Morrisey, even though Morrisey is a vegetarian. They quipped over whose music was crappier...They quipped over whose music was crappier!:crazy

Trending Topics

Top Bottom