Smashing Pumpkins used to sound like The Smiths!

Raimond

I would have really liked to talk about the Smashing Pumpkins clip in the OP. Again, I liked the song and thought the main guitar riff was great. I've read about that era of the band but have never seen video. It was a super cool thread starter.
Yeh it is a very cool Clip, love seeing clips of bands before they made it really big, plus it’s really cool to see billy playing a mustang.

Raimond

This thread is... weird

No one was ragging on the cranberries or "adolf" until he popped in and made a controversial completely off topic post. Seems like the meme with the character putting a stick in their bike wheel

Anyway, thanks for the morning erm entertainment?
Sure, but maybe if people stop bringing it up then we can get back on topic.

freqhaus

If he’s a troll than yeh I agree, but based on my interactions with him I honestly don’t get a troll vibe, Assuming the above is the case, which I have a feeling it is because, I’ve been told I exhibit many traits, shouldn’t we at least cut him Some slack? Im assuming if that is the case then he might not be driving the proper therapy which could help, (trust me on that from
Personal experience) I mean feel how your gonna feel, but maybe that is why I feel
The need to defend him, he reminds me
Of Myself, luckily I’ve been fortunate to have people work with me to help me appear more normal. Or at least understand some of the rules of normalcy. Idk, maybe I’m Way off bass here just my 2 cents.

Cool man, yeah I agree. I may be taking it to the extreme cynic route here granted, but they've hijacked numerous threads and its getting weird. I guess I'll defend them as well if the autistism thing is real (strong possibility). No need to flame so my apologies. But my god, ya know....

JeffK

Gold Supporting Member
You said they? As in multiple people, or at least that’s how I’ve interpreted it. Adolf’s preferred pronouns are he/him. So I’m assuming that’s who your talking about and why I’m confused as to the use of they.
The singular use of 'they' has been in use for ~500 years. This use is ingrained to me, as it is with likely most English speakers over ~20. All this to say, it was not some sort of attempted slight on my part with regard to post-modern gender identity, as it would seem you might be referring to. That did not even cross my mind. Apologies if there was genuine confusion.

RanaldoNecro

Silver Supporting Member
I never compared the Cranberries to VU, there is no comparison there in terms of impact and influence.

"Everyone that ate a cranberry, ended up forming a band!"

Trending Topics

Top Bottom