• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Smokin Lentz

Gordon

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats!!! Killer looking guitar. I bet it sounds great! Enjoy!

e-z

That's the one from the Chicago Tonefest, no? I bet that's a dream to play. I know my knew one is.

michaelg

Flame maple veneer top over lightweight swamp ash with vintage style binding and a nitrocellulose lacquer sunburst finish. Scott lacquered and tinted the guard, knobs and switch tip for that warm "vintage" look.

The neck is our usual big Lentz profile. Lightweight and resonant with a Indian rosewood fingerboard inlayed with crowns.

Lentz B'Kaster pickup in the "treble" position and L-90 in the "rhythm"

Mike Duncan

Staff member
I'm really getting tired of seeing these Lentz postings!!

It's making me want one like CRAZY!!!!

L

Leucadian

...hey Michael...John A here...looks like you replaced one fine Lentz with yet another...you must be bursting to play it.:RoCkIn

..."Smokin Lentz" sounds like a good uptempo-ish blues number for the cats...dig?:rotflmao

L

Leucadian

...I tried lightin' it up:worriedit was so hot...it nearly burned my hand!

michaelg

Dude i am about to run her through my tweed super for the first time. :worried

Putting aside all hype this guitar is incredible

michaelg

JPERRYROCKS said:
I'm loving that guitar, just not crazy about that 'guard on top.
The guard and tip are all laquered up and tinted they have sooooo much mojo i don't know if i can ever get a standard guard again:crazyguy

L

Leucadian

...I think my DL90 (Chip) also has a "lacquered-up," celluloid pickguard...I can't go back either.

dukeh62

Silver Supporting Member
Would love to hear the report on how it sounds straight into that tweed super. I'm a traditionlist to say the least, but I just LOVE the look of these guitars.

How is the output voiced on the back single-coil pickup? Is it hot or more round and toneful? Both?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom