Smooth Jazz with my Carvin Bolt

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Ascension, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Ascension

Ascension Member

2. Strat335

Strat335 Member

I would have listened to it Rick, but for some reason it is skipping on my computer... probably my computer, but you might check it.

3. Ascension

Ascension Member

I just checked it on the high-fi stream and it played through on my machine. Let me now if anyone else is having a problem with playback.

4. kovachian

kovachian Member

My computer played it back just fine. I'll never understand the problem that so many people profess with Carvin's pickups. Sounded great to me.

5. tac5

tac5 Member

I am a huge fan of the Carvin AP11 pickup. I have an American Strat with the Carvin replacement pickguard with AP11s and I find it superior in every way to any other option I have tried. The AP11s are totally balanced and have the sound that I want. The wiring that Carvin uses with its phase options is so logical and offers me more choices than I can use (and no hum). AP11s are very much underrated; overlooked really, in discussions of single coil pickups.

Also, I didn't mean to get off on a tangent, but thanks for the clip. I always enjoy hearing that someone else appreciates the Carvin sound.

6. Ascension

Ascension Member

Yep they are nice and I also LOVE the C22B's for high gain rock stuff:AOK . I "only" own 16 Carvin guitars ( most are the shreadder neck 24.75 scales from 1988-1992 ) so I guess I kinda like must um huh:NUTS . Thanks man for the comments.