Snake Oil strings?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by papersoul, Mar 19, 2008.

1. papersoul

papersoul Member

I love these strings and ordered some more sets but does anyone know how long they take to deliver. I ordered a while back and still haven't gotten anything.

Thanks!

2. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

I'd say 2-3 weeks. Well worth the wait. Trust me.

3. guitarpkr67

guitarpkr67 Supporting Member

4. erksin

erksin Member

I'm out too, but this no reply stuff makes me hesitant to reorder...

5. majorledhead

majorledhead Member

I'm at a month wait time, but Dean sent a reply the same day I asked for an update and said by the end of the week. Order in bulk and plan ahead is all can suggest if you really like the quality and tone.

6. erksin

erksin Member

Yeah, but I'm not gonna support the crappy customer service thing anymore. I'll be back when he's able to meet the demand on a more reasonable timeframe. It really shouldn't take 6 weeks to get a couple of packs of strings.

7. dorfmeister

dorfmeister Member

I just put a set of them on my guitar and they really have great feel and sound great.

I just wish he could get the business end of things under control.

I ordered my strings in December.....waited and pretty much forgot about them.....realized I hadn't gotten them after more than two months.....sent an e-mail.....and then I finally got them.

But they do have the best feel of any strings I have ever tried.

8. TheGuildedAge

TheGuildedAge Member

I stopped using them due to extremely long delivery times and one order getting lost in the mail, supposedly.

I'm tempted to try them again sometimes, because the tone was better to my ears than the eeb, daddario, etc. I use now.

9. buddaman71

buddaman71 Student of Life Silver Supporting Member

I don't notice the change in tone as much as in feel.
    Somehow, they FEEL a guage lighter to me than regular strings.
    (10's feel like 9's)

I have actually started using Everly rockers and LOVE them.
    Also, they are only 2.69 a set through Sweetwater.
    GREAT strings. Maybe not Snake Oil great, but for the price/service difference, they work just fine for me.

Rock on.

10. buddaman71

buddaman71 Student of Life Silver Supporting Member

I don't notice the change in tone as much as in feel.
    Somehow, they FEEL a guage lighter to me than regular strings.
    (10's feel like 9's)

I have actually started using Everly rockers and LOVE them.
    Also, they are only 2.69 a set through Sweetwater.
    GREAT strings. Maybe not Snake Oil great, but for the price/service difference, they work just fine for me.

Rock on.

11. papersoul

papersoul Member

I may go back to DR strings. I thought they were every bit as good and can be bought at the store.

Maybe I'll first try to order some Fire Wire strings(I hear they are just as good) because I ordered my Snakes on 3/3 and still nothing.

Although not sure all these expensive strings are worth it!

12. jb1911

jb1911 Member

I have the same experience, I can't say enough good things about these strings, but like my friend erksin, I wish he'd get his **** together. I don't mind waiting a few weeks as long as I hear something, anything about whether he even got my order or not.

The greatest tone and feel of any string that I've tried in my almost 40 years of playing. I still have 3 sets of 10s and 3 sets of 9s left, ( I use the 9s on my Fenders and the 10s on my Les Paul Deluxe) they last just about forever. When I get down to one set of each, I'll order some more and wait. I'm totally spoiled and can't go back to crappy strings.

13. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

I wish these threads on SOB strings would stop "disappearing" ... so new ones would stop popping up and the same things have to said over and over again.

You speak your mind a little too freely around here and some poor thread gets wacked.

14. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Hmmm, it appears this one is here and hasn't disappeared. Hmmm.

Read the "Deals Gone Bad" announcement at the top of this, and every, section of the forum. Please.

15. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

This one is still here. And untill some chump pushs it out of the rules, it'L stay. Agreed. Allready knew that was guud. :p

I've long read it... and allready agree. Cant you delete individual posts, or does the whole thing get canned with all the good stuff in it? Sometimes " the cordial law abiding citizens amongst us " put some time and effort in along the way... and people continually bring the topic back up cause the stuff gets gone summers.

Its all kewl man. We'll keep trying untill we get it right. :D

16. JMintzer

JMintzer Burned Out Mod

When the thread gets so poisoned, there is nothing else to do but whack it! They don't pay me enough to sift through some of these 10-12 page threads and edit out the crap. ;)

Jamie

17. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

18. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

How much free time do you burn here cleaning up the crap? And how many hours do we spend doing the same every day?

Sometimes it's just not worth the effort. Sorry, but that's true. If you were a moderator on a forum like this it'd take you all of about 2 days (or less) to figure that out.

Not whining; just talking straight up no BS. Too many folks will jump a thread like this to shove their agenda high and hard without regard for the rules. 10 pages later it's an utter mess beyond saving. Add up the number per day, then the days in a week, weeks per month, months per years. It's like the mail, it just keeps coming. We have 6,000+ new posts here everyday. Every day. At any given time we have well over 1000 members actively on the boards. You do the math.

To understand, it becomes a matter of shifting the blame from the guy who think can just scoop the piss out of the pool to the guy actually doing the pissing in the first place.

19. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

Woa.. its all good man. Chill. I understand. My post wasnt directed at you.. or any of the necessary rules or needed deletions. It was a statement made about... how it is. Does that make any sense? I wasnt complaining to the moderaters.. hell, Ive deleted threads I have started because it got messy and that is just the way it is. If I was a mod I would do things NO differently than you do. Just becasue I wish there was a better way doesnt mean I think you are sitting on your ass and falling short or anything. Please, carry on. Its all good. Drain that pool if you need to... its your pool.

20. papersoul

papersoul Member

I can't blame Snake Oil strings. I have used them for years and love them! Dean is a good guy but I just think he is overwhelmed with the demand of such a good product. Problem is, to provide the best product with the best quality, sometimes quantity falls behind. I doubt he has lots of guys doing the creation of the strings, probably just a handful of skilled people so they get backed up. Maybe they should place a disclaimer on their site about wait times. Either way, good stuff.

I did just pick up some D'Addarios though because I need to get on with these set ups.