Snap Crackle Pop-Traynor YCS50 content

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by uitar99, Feb 29, 2012.

1. uitar99

uitar99 Member

Turned on my 6 week old amp last night, started making snapping , crackling , popping sounds. turned it off, tried again tonight, doing the same thing, then one of the power tube clamps popped off the tube, started to smell like something was burning.

Darn, I was liking this thing. Back to L and M tomorrow to see what is wrong.

2. uitar99

uitar99 Member

This amp hasn't moved, got maybe 20 hours on it.

3. uitar99

uitar99 Member

Brought it back, yeah full refund

Not sure what happened but walked out with a new PRRI

Busy for a couple days so won't be able to crank it before saturday-high expectations

4. uitar99

uitar99 Member

Had a chance to plug and play with my tele.

Wow, had no idea what a good fender clean sounded like, and the reverb and tremolo. So smooth, can't wait to crank this thing when the house clears out. Even at 2, this 15 watter is gonna be loud.

5. uitar99

uitar99 Member

Could use a little more clean headroom but this will only get taken out of the house if my gigging amp dies. Is it worthwhile to pick up the deluxe reverb re issue or does the extra few watts and 12 inch change the dynamic where you lose the Princeton's tone?

6. uitar99

uitar99 Member

plugged in my extra single 12 cabinet.

that combined with the amps 10 inch sounds a little fuller but still retains the fender clean vibe

broke out the 335 clone loaded with sd p 90's and it was heaven.

7. guiltless

guiltless Member

I am a huge fan of the deluxe reverb. That being said, the Morgan TR19 is a Princeton vibe that can hang with a deluxe.

8. forum_crawler

forum_crawler Member

That is too bad about your Traynor. I still think Traynors do sound much, much better than Fenders.

9. CA$H FLOW

CA$H FLOW Member

I had a Traynor YCV50 for about 4 weeks. It honestly turned out to be nothing but trouble. Sent it back for a full refund!

10. uitar99

uitar99 Member

put a EH 12ay7 (40%)? in V1 of the princeton yesterday. changed the dynamic a little. now it seems you get a little hair throughout the volume sweep. the whole volume range is now usable . with the stock 12ax7, there was extreme clean, leading to a sweet spot at 4-6, then way to much gain.

11. Outlier

Outlier Member

Love my ycs50. I have some extra cash and have been trying out amps around the $2K level but really haven't found anything I like better yet.