Sniper mod GE-7 pics?

Tone

Anyone have pictures of their Sniper Mod GE-7 with one of the optional paint colors?:dude

grego7

has left the building
Platinum Supporting Member
Here ya go. This will be on the block soon, if you're interested in picking one up...

You can't tell from the pic but the LED is green.

bluesdoc

Gold Supporting Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Mine's in camo. I'll get a pic up later. GREAT pedal!!

jon

drolling

Well, compared to my old MXR, the stock GE-7 sounds quite hi-fi to me.

So the sniper mod improves tone? signal to noise ratio? Has the buffer been redesigned or has the switch been replaced for true-bypass?

Who does this mod? How much?

Pics are lovely. The green LED's especially cool, but I'd be much more interested in gutshots. Unless, of course, the board's been gooped.

tahnks,
david

Moe45673

www.tone-jam.com

I believe he sells a DIY version of the sniper as well

To answer your questions:

The sniper mod does not improve tone more than your typical (quality) eq pedal. It just improves the eq pedal itself

signal to noise ratio is quite high. Very little noise, and pretty much only when you've got most of the bands maxxed

It's still buffered (boss pedals are almost impossible to make into TB), but the bypass on it is way more transparent.

drolling

Thank you Moe!

Now that you can get pretty much anything pretty much the way you want it, I've all but given up on modding. This does sound interesting, tho'. I really appreciate the link!

Moe45673

anytime, man ;)

from what I've been hearing, the sniper eq is one of the best quality eq's out there, bar none

StompBoxBlues

I did the Brian Wampler mod on the GE-7 myself, and it really did maket that terrible white noise go away.

The chip (3 chips) changeout did the most. I know this because I did it first then tried it and it was suddenly pretty quiet. Not completely but damn close. Did a couple of cap changes that also helped a little more.

I also did one cap change that improves the mids. I left the bass mods out.

I happened to buy another GE-7 unmodified, to use as backup. This was great because I plugged just the two in series into the amp, and could hear clearly the differences.

I don't know about the sniper, but I notice the mods do slightly dull the same settings. I mean, unless I'm pegging some band of freq's the same settings sound brighter on the unmodified...a littl like an exciter. I can just move the same faders a little higher and get them to pretty much match. It was still worth it to me...I couldn't use the pedal when it was as noisy as it was, and it really does improve the tone!

58lespaulman

I've had my GE-7 Sniper for about three weeks or so now, and I just cannot believe how quiet and how much better it sounds.. Do your self a favor if you have a GE-7 EQ send it in to get the Sniper mod. I want to buy another one now. It makes the pedal sound better all the way around.

Shane Pasqualla
WET ANIMAL
http://www.wetanimal.net

Trending Topics