Snowy White , what a great guitarist !

halcyon85

I only know of him through his work with PF. I'm one of the biggest Gilmour fans on the planet, but man, White's solo for ABITW during Roger Waters's "Live in Berlin" concert just kills! I sometimes wonder if I like it better than Gilmour's original! All of his work on that concert was great, but that was definitely my favorite solo.

Cumberland

One of my favs - this was the tune that here in the U.K. is considered a classic - the album this came off of was great too .... think it was called White Flame or something.

JRC4558Dude

Check out his solo on "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" on the Roger Waters cd/dvd "In the Flesh." Just incredible...

halcyon85

White trading Comfortably Numb solos with Rick DiFonzo. Man, I forgot how much I loved this show. Snowy is awesome! Fast forward to 5:04 to get to the solos.

I know some PF purists don't like anyone touching Gilmour's sacred material or whatever, but I love to see different musicians interpret the progression and express their own views! I think it's great. Both DiFonzo and White are wonderful here, imo.

moosewayne

Supporting Member
Check out live bootleg stuff from Pink Floyd's In The Flesh tour supporting Animals.
Shows from Oakland, Dallas, Boston and NYC are standouts.
There is some outstanding dual guitar play between White and Gilmour in those shows!

57special

What a great sound. Hauntingly similar to Peter Green's. How many of the old LP Standards can get that tone?

jms6668

One of my favs - this was the tune that here in the U.K. is considered a classic - the album this came off of was great too .... think it was called White Flame or something.

Great, great stuff. Appeals to the side of me that loves Green and Knopfler.
His take on the Gilmour stuff is beautiful as well. I have heard of him but this is the correct introduction playing for me.

kingsxman

Silver Supporting Member
Just getting into him. Had one of his songs play on my "robben ford" mix on Pandora. I was impressed and pulled up some of his stuff on MOG. (like Spotify). Very cool. I will probably go out and buy some of his stuff.

57special

Would that video by synched? Because his pup selector is on the bridge position, but his tone sounds like the in between.