• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

So are there any good DISTORTION pedals out there?

83stratman

Silver Supporting Member
For cheap, only three knobs, try the Caline English Man or the Mosky Plexi-M. Both sound great under the right conditions and are under $30 shipped.

SweetClyde99

Trying to keep it small and simple (most of my favorites are neither)
Used Barber Dirty Bomb
Friedman BE-OD or Dirty Shirley
MXR 5150
Xvive Golden Brownie (small, simple, cheap)
JHS Angry Charlie

These are all pretty much at the level where SS distortion pedals don’t get much better, just different.

MaxTwang

Lovepedal Darling Devil Distortion is the best I've used. Unfortunately it was a limited run from 2010 and there's not many around.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
There are SO MANY flavors of distortion, from high gain ODs to nearly fuzz. From mids reduced "metal" sounds to pushed mids "classic metal". The list would include a lot of the above, I'd add:
SIB Cuda (classic metal)
Lovepedal SST (high gain OD to fuzz in one box)
Muff-any version and any derivative. It's kind of a fuzz at heart but sounds more heavy than that

starbelly

Silver Supporting Member
Everything about OP screams blues boomer.

@VintagePlayerStrat What flavor of distortion though? What kind of music are you looking to play/what kind of sound are you looking to capture?

There's so much out there in terms of distortion; simply saying "not fuzz, not overdrive, one switch, 4 knobs or less" doesn't really help.

Trending Topics