So are we not allowed to talk about the Klon anymore?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Grady, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Grady

Grady Windjammer Gold Supporting Member

So there has been 2 threads closed on the Klon, Today. What gives?
    This is a pedal forum, right?
    Are we only being allowed to talk about certain things. I really don't think that was in the rules book.
    Mods you do a wonderful job here, but come-on.

2. anais

anais Member

Maybe its because everyone is speculating WHY Bill has stopped production and they feel it is giving him a bad rep/trash talking him. Good move by the Mods and I hope this one gets closed too.

Best of luck to Bill with whatever he plans to do.

3. itkindaworks

itkindaworks Member

It's kind of ridiculous if we can't.

4. Grady

Why Bill retired from making the Klon is his business. And with the long history of the Klon with all the positive reviews. No matter what some people say, it will not phase Bill's Reputation.
    So by not letting a thread stand for all the good things he has done for the pedal industry is blasphemy.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  5. guitargod2u

guitargod2u Member

careful big brother is watching you :nono

6. Lublin

Lublin Senior Member

+1.

Be afraid. Be very, very afraid.

7. Grady

It's a shock to a lot of people, and they just want to talk about it.
    Sure there is going to be people that come to the party to spoil things.
    But you need to remove those from the party, not shut the party down.
    This is a pedal forum. We talk about pedals here, right?

8. bgoez

bgoez Stratocasters are my downfall!

NO....... stop talking about it!

9. Lublin

Lublin Senior Member

Great post.

10. popinvasion

popinvasion Member

I have played seriously every pedal I could ever get my hands on. I decided I would never ever need a klon. I had a few pedals that were imo better, or so good that I wouldn't need to look in direction of the klon. After 8 years of torturing myself with gear, I finally landed in a trade a klon. This klon I thought was instant trade bait. I got the box in the mail. Instantly I realized that this pedal was something more. The whole package had a new car smell, like a Maserati. It was shiny and heavy and just felt substantial. Opening the pedal up to throw in a battery, I was instantly impressed with how meticulous the whole thing was. Even the entry screw is something impressive. I then looked over the circuit and with my understanding(which is just enough) I realized that this pedal was unique, this pedal was original and this pedal was a bit more complex than its counterparts. The attention to detail was superb. I have never spoken with Bill Finnegan. I am positive that the dude knows his stuff. I opened this pedal at olive garden and just sat there with a few beers in near love with a pedal. I know it sounds geek, but F it. I took it home and plugged it into a AC30 with a Tcaster. Instant, the best boost I have ever heard and I am telling you the truth, I can't think of a boost that I have yet to try. The klon was hands down, Amazing. I then started to dial in a little touch of dirt and it just got better. It was phenomenal as a boost, it was phenomenal as a low gain overdrive. I did not like it for higher gain stuff at all, but paired with a rat and an AC30 and a T and its pure magic. The buffer, I love it. I think it sounds great. I have zero issues with it. The sandcasted enclosure and laser etching, top notch, untouchable by nearly the entire industry. I was disappointed in myself for not getting one sooner. Fortunately I had only $2 bills into it, so price never was an issue for me. Needless to say its never leaving. I would love to speak to Bill someday, just to shoot the ****. He sounds like a stand up guy. All the best to him.

11. DavidLopezJr

DavidLopezJr Member

It's the new dumble we have to censor the word. :aok

But seriously it was most likely closed due to a lot of guesses and a lot of people thinking out loud. I'm guessing Bill hasnt said anything publicly for a reason. So lets just wait it out. There's more to talk about such as the Whiteface Rat MkII and the Aqua Puss MkII!

12. jcmark611

jcmark611 Member

I think the biggest problems are the multiple threads on the same subject and people posting in 3 year old threads. There just needs to be one thread.

13. Grady

Great story man.

I bought my Klon used, here in the emporium.
    I absolutely loved the thing. It wasn't the do all pedal for all my amps. But the ones that did bond with, it was pure heaven.
    Well I had a case of GAS so I traded it off. But some how, some way, I'm going to get another one.
    I was actually going to buy one from the man himself this next year.
    I'm sad that Bill has retired, such a great talent will be missed. He will leave a hole that nobody will be able to fill.

14. popinvasion

popinvasion Member

Thanks man. I honestly hope the hole remains as he leaves it. Most builders should feel a little embarrassed with their products compared to a klon. I know that will upset a few and is a bit harsh, but this man was doing it this way 15 years ago. In my opinion its still untouched as far as quality goes. Is it expensive overall, yes, but not for what you get in return. Best of luck getting your hands on another, they are great.

15. Unadan

Unadan Member

If people create too many newer threads they're told they should have searched the forums. Resuscitate an older thread and it's "too old." Maybe it should have already been closed by the forum moderators before it got that way.

Perhaps Big Mike should weigh in with a sticky explaining the new rules we are to abide by.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  16. buddachile

buddachile Member

The first rule of Klon is you don't talk about Klon.

(Couldn't resist.)

17. sleepingtiger

sleepingtiger Supporting Member

I think there is a limit of 50 threads about the same subject!:horse

Tony:hide

18. PixMix

PixMix Member

Pedal erotica... me likey...

19. aman74

aman74 Supporting Member

I always found this funny about online forums. Don't bump old threads that have all the pertinent info you are trying to reference.

Yet you also shouldn't start new ones....you need to just go search.

Hilarious and sad at the same time.

20. Madison

Madison Member

With the exception of the amp brand, Olive Garden, and paying a bit more than you...that's exactly my story! :D