So how good is the EDQ Hizumitas?

Reyybarra

Silver Supporting Member
I’m pretty hard to please and I really liked it… although a battery would be nice… got quite a few options, and it holds on well.
F04AC7EA-0D16-4058-BE1F-3A8E05FC06AD.jpeg

tdump

Silver Supporting Member
I’ve been a muffaholic since my cousin first bought one in ‘84. I’ve owned just a bout all the ones you mentioned and then some. The Hizumitas brings the goods. One of the best muffs I’ve played. It works nicely with my set up and rig. YMMV due to your rig.

I also been buying fuzz’s since ‘99. My top fuzz’s for me and the sound that’s in my head are:

Zvex Mastotron
Zvex/CB Bliss Factory
DOD Carcosa
EQD Hizumitas
Super Fuzz Circuit

Again YMMV.
What's your setup and do you run your amp clean or dirty? What kind of music do you play?

Last edited:

whateverdude

Silver Supporting Member
What's your setup and do you run your amp clean or dirty? What kind of music do you play?
Dr Z Route 66 or EHX MIG50 >Marshall 4x12 cabs(2) Celestion G12T-75’s>Gibson P90 SG,Ibanez AS80 w/SD ‘59’s,MIJ Epi LP Gold Top,Tokai P90 LP>Mastotron>Bliss Factory>Habit>Hizumitas>Behringer Bi-Phase>R Weaver Violet Vibe>Walrus Audio SLO>PastFX Elastic Mattress>Rubberneck>Pitch Black

Dr Z is set to the edge of break up, Mig 50 is ran cleaner because it loud as F, good thing I live out in the sticks, I can dime my rig anytime of day or night if so desired.

Stoner Rock/Post Punkish Vibe

Last edited:

Agreed

Might be my favorite silicon muff type pedal I've ever used. I really love the sound. Had to get it, felt mind controlled by the tone honestly.

Agreed

I hadn't even heard of it before walking into the store, I was coming in looking for a Hoof due to positive memories of that having tried one some years back and being currently in need of a fuzz - he was fresh outta Hoof but had "this new thing, Hiz...u..mitas fuzz sustainer? Want to try it?"

I was unaware it was related to a band or anything like that, just really connected with the sound and playing feel after trying it out for 20 minutes. Only a three knob pedal, doesn't take too long to figure out if you're digging it, and I was certainly digging it.

Only a three knob pedal, doesn't take too long to figure out if you're digging it.
Amen to that. I kept it for probably a week after I knew deep down that it wasn't for me because I wanted to love it.

I think maybe I'm just not a BM guy, since I don't love Hoof side of the Hoof Reaper either. :dunno

Trending Topics

Top Bottom