So, how was Kool & the Gang?

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Neer, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Neer

Neer Supporting Member

For all who have gone to see VH over the last few weeks, how did you like Kool & the Gang? These guys are so professional and entertaining, I don't expect to hear much in the negative side. Jersey City's own!

2. 67blackcherry

67blackcherry Supporting Member

Saw them at the LA Forum on the "friends and family" night....they were EPIC and a great choice to open for VH!

3. Guitar55

Guitar55 Who was that masked man? Silver Supporting Member

I worked in a computer store in the 80's and they used to come in there. It said 'Robert "Kool" Bell' on his AMEX.

4. Bob Maximus

Bob Maximus Silver Supporting Member

DLR respected them much in the video clips, which was very cool. I would like to see that show, but not paying the price of admission. I'm also curious as to how the tour is going and would also like to hear some eyewitness accounts.

5. Dajbro

Dajbro Member

I opened up for them at a big festival around here last year and hung out while they did sound check. Total pros, great musicians, amazing show, so much energy and hit song after hit song.

6. guitarplayaman

guitarplayaman Member

They were great and got the party started in louisville

7. Misterbulbous

Misterbulbous Member

Saw them in Louisville. I was one of the guys on here vehemently opposed to K and the G;...in reality, they weren't bad. They had about 11 guys on stage including the horn section. Mostly funky type songs and it wasn't too remeniscent of Disco to me. They only played for 25 to 30 minutes. They kept announcing Van Halen as "David Lee Roth and Van Halen". Obviously Dave is returning a favor of some sort.

Overall, not bad and not embarassing to listen to. They have obviously polished their preformance over several years.. Could have been much worse.

8. Carltone

Carltone Gold Supporting Member

They were fantastic in Louisville..
    DLR gave them props during the VH show... he said VH used to cover their tunes when they wanted to fill up the dance floor at the beginning of their career.

9. Misterbulbous

Misterbulbous Member

Not to take this off topic, but I was surprised at how "dead" the crowd seemed in L-ville. I was in 209. All ten rows in front of me literally sat on their hands for the entire show. From my perspective, the front rows down on the floor did not seem very cheerful either.

10. GovernorSilver

GovernorSilver Member

Wow, I had no idea Kool and the Gang is opening for Van Halen. Never would have thought of a bill like that.

I listened to Kool and The Gang long before I heard of Van Halen.

11. guitarplayaman

guitarplayaman Member

I was in section 3 on the floor and we rocked out the whole show