So I bought a Xotic Wah - it's great...BUT

What would you do?

• Total voters

Alb1441

I would let it go. He made an honest mistake, no one in their right mind would try to con someone out of simple packaging. I can see how on principle the box should have been included as described but I don't think its worth it. In my experience, having the original box really doesn't have any positive benefit as far as resale value so I can't see another benefit to the original packaging in this case

ross1shark

I'd probably just drop it too but at the same time wtf is this guys wife packaging up his pedals?

When I sell something on Reverb or wherever, if it has a box it's put in there before I list it and it doesn't come out of it until it's sold or I decide to do something else with it because no one is biting.

Everyone ask yourself, what state are you in to put something you're selling in the wrong box and blaming your wife for it?

I would move on though but perhaps let others know about it with your feedback.
Actually, my wife has a (very small but successful) business, and I package her sales all the time. In part because I used to work in management over shipping departments and know how to do it best cost/speed-wise (but she has the final responsibility, and pays shipping costs herself), and partially because I love her and want to help her success. Isn't it possible this guy's wife may feel the same?

Muffdriver

Supporting Member
If I were the seller I'd offer a modest partial refund because it's the right thing to do. It's just appropriate. I'm not not sure why 75% percent say get over it. Even if it's a $5 or $10 refund it's just polite. And look, if you were specifically looking for one with a box because you're a collector or for whatever reason I'd be on the hook for the return shipping costs no matter my feelings... I wouldn't like it because I don't hold boxes in particularly high regard but I didn't deliver what I promised.

Jeronimo

I'm thinking like 15$-20$. Is that too much, too little? He did accidentally include an EWS plate which is about 20$ as well.
So you want a refund for some cardboard that only has value for you, but you have no problem keeping a $20 plate that was accidentally included??? Really????

So let's say the box and papers have a $20 value...$20 - $20 = $0....
Or go on, claim the refund and return the plate and eat the shipping cost for that return.

AprioriMark

Silver Supporting Member
OP, I think I understand where you're coming from (and think that a lot of the "value of cardboard" posts are trying too hard). It's lame that one thing was advertised you got something else, and instead of "mea culpa," you got aggression.

I probably would just leave negative feedback because dude was a probably lying (boxes aren't the same size; "it was the dumb woman not me") and a dick about it. The box and manual... I get where you're coming from and agree, but I wouldn't think about it again past the first "oh wtf" moment when it arrived.

However it shakes out, I hope you enjoy the wah in good health. Cheers!

-Mark

BlueRiff

wives of Reverb sellers do a lot of mistakes... I think its because their husbands forgot their duty giving too much time to gear....
Exactly!! Not taking out the garbage can create hostility in the seller’s wife and lead to passive aggressive packing ‘mistakes’. I suggest we offer the seller a TGP counseling session to get this resolved.

DewieCox

Supporting Member
Ask him to help initiate and arrange a box swap between buyers, put them in touch or whatever. If he’s not willing to help fix his mistake, have him pound sand.

suparsonic

I'm thinking like 15$-20$. Is that too much, too little? He did accidentally include an EWS plate which is about 20$ as well.
You are ahead, you have a free mounting plate which is actually useful and of value. Get over it, waste of a thread!

twoheadedboy

I would ask for a small partial refund. Without the box and papers, the pedal will take a small hit in value if you go to sell it, so you should be compensated for that.

The only other option I can think of would be for the seller to try to contact the person who got the Xotic box and papers and pay for them to ship them to you. That seems like a bit of a long shot, though.

homerayvaughan

Supporting Member
It's a cool pedal. If you like it keep and and get on with life. I wouldn't get too hung up on it to create a thread here. If it bothers you, send it back and request a full refund. He'll sell it to someone else for 10 bucks less is my guess. If it's for resale value, I get the box thing. Just not enough for me to deal with the hassle if I like the pedal. Sorry, I guess I can't make up your mind for you.

Trending Topics