So I bought a Xotic Wah - it's great...BUT

What would you do?

• Total voters

Miketheslav

Silver Supporting Member
OP here:
Thanks for all the responses! So it is a cool pedal and though I did pay for a sale that included box and original papers etc. (which I wanted not because I couldn’t download but because of potential future resale should I ever go that route) I took 15$ off and called it a day. Between that and the EWS plate I figure it’s a wash and I like it enough so eat whatever comes out of the resale.

I wouldn’t have gotten as fired up about it if the seller hadn’t gone on the offensive and accuse me of calling him a liar by literally using his own words.

I had a situation where a guy’s dog ate the box of a (no longer in production) JHS Warbletron and gladly took the offer of 15$ back no issues. That seller wasn’t rude, didn’t accuse me of anything and it wasn’t a big deal. Neither is the current situation, just a minor complaint in an interaction that otherwise got me a nice wah!

BlueRiff

You are ahead, you have a free mounting plate which is actually useful and of value. Get over it, waste of a thread!
The supply of yet to be launched TGP threads is theoretically unlimited, therefore is is theoretically impossible to waste a thread. :p

jeff_lebowski

OP here:
Thanks for all the responses! So it is a cool pedal and though I did pay for a sale that included box and original papers etc. (which I wanted not because I couldn’t download but because of potential future resale should I ever go that route) I took 15$ off and called it a day. Between that and the EWS plate I figure it’s a wash and I like it enough so eat whatever comes out of the resale.

I wouldn’t have gotten as fired up about it if the seller hadn’t gone on the offensive and accuse me of calling him a liar by literally using his own words.

I had a situation where a guy’s dog ate the box of a (no longer in production) JHS Warbletron and gladly took the offer of 15$ back no issues. That seller wasn’t rude, didn’t accuse me of anything and it wasn’t a big deal. Neither is the current situation, just a minor complaint in an interaction that otherwise got me a nice wah!

Sometimes its best to look at the big picture.

People here show that most people shouldnt be the judge of anything. Instead of reading the facts (it said it came with the original box and paper work) they just thought I dont care about a box and either should anyone else.

This is a garbage argument and doesnt hold up whatsoever.

You are entitled to what was desribed to you in the sale and no matter if its something big or small there should be accountability.

Miketheslav

Silver Supporting Member
If there's one thing this thread has been helpful in doing, its making a list of petty potential buyers, just looking to hold your feedback hostage and extract financial punishment over some minor mistakes/misunderstandings.

I know I'm relatively new here, but I have 176 5 star ratings (or 175 and 1 4 star ratings) on reverb, and I've never held any feedback hostage before, so I and lots of people think I'm a pretty reasonable buyer and seller. The 'financial damage' you refer to is pretty minor and is relatively on par with a pretty minor mistake/misunderstanding, so I don't think the 'punishment' is worse than the 'crime.' I myself would gladly subtract 15$ in a heartbeat if I stated original box etc. and didn't include it because of some mistake - wouldn't think twice and wouldn't think the seller was being unreasonable, just wanting what's advertised and owed.

The bottom line of all of this is (1) it's not a huge deal at all (2) don't be aggressively rude as a buyer or a seller (3) take a breath.

After the seller went on the offensive and said 'Nice one, call me a liar!' I just reminded him that I was merely quoting his own words, he apologized and said he misread my message. Solved.

I think all the people here who said 'you should get money back etc.' have been polite about it, and anything that they've asked for (myself included) has been at least within the bounds of reasonableness. No one gave a total above 20$. The people who have been the rudest are those who think there shouldn't have been anything given and came here to basically mock and disparage - I get the urge, but following through takes additional gumption.

Slapshot1977

Supporting Member
LOL at the people acting like OP should be grateful for the mounting plate. He didn’t ask for a mounting plate to be included and it wasn’t part of the deal. What was part of the deal was the original box and manual. Not sure why the mounting plate must be accepted as consolation.

McShred

Supporting Member
I know I'm relatively new here, but I have 176 5 star ratings (or 175 and 1 4 star ratings) on reverb, and I've never held any feedback hostage before, so I and lots of people think I'm a pretty reasonable buyer and seller. The 'financial damage' you refer to is pretty minor and is relatively on par with a pretty minor mistake/misunderstanding, so I don't think the 'punishment' is worse than the 'crime.' I myself would gladly subtract 15$ in a heartbeat if I stated original box etc. and didn't include it because of some mistake - wouldn't think twice and wouldn't think the seller was being unreasonable, just wanting what's advertised and owed.

The bottom line of all of this is (1) it's not a huge deal at all (2) don't be aggressively rude as a buyer or a seller (3) take a breath.

After the seller went on the offensive and said 'Nice one, call me a liar!' I just reminded him that I was merely quoting his own words, he apologized and said he misread my message. Solved.

I think all the people here who said 'you should get money back etc.' have been polite about it, and anything that they've asked for (myself included) has been at least within the bounds of reasonableness. No one gave a total above 20$. The people who have been the rudest are those who think there shouldn't have been anything given and came here to basically mock and disparage - I get the urge, but following through takes additional gumption.
I wasn't necessarily referring to you. Although the guy did include another item of value equal to the refund you were seeking, which you happily took and then fished the group for approval on seeking an additional refund.

There are an awful lot of entitled buyers on this thread, chiming in here with their demands and the punishments they'd like to inflict on sellers who dared make any kind of mistake.

Miketheslav

Silver Supporting Member
I wasn't necessarily referring to you. Although the guy did include another item of value equal to the refund you were seeking, which you happily took and then fished the group for approval on seeking an additional refund.

There are an awful lot of entitled buyers on this thread, chiming in here with their demands and the punishments they'd like to inflict on sellers who dared make any kind of mistake.
I'm sure that these same entitled buyers have lots of good references, the guy I bought the pedal from was gruff in messages but seemed to have lots of successful sales and purchases. This snafu just snowballed a little bit on both our ends (though he was offended enough to leave me one star rating - I left him three and laid out what happened keeping in mind the mantra 'be honest and polite' which he seems to have ignored).

soma

LOL at the people acting like OP should be grateful for the mounting plate. He didn’t ask for a mounting plate to be included and it wasn’t part of the deal. What was part of the deal was the original box and manual. Not sure why the mounting plate must be accepted as consolation.
So send it back then.

Flatscan

Supporting Member
Talk to Reverb and ask for a $5 refund.

They should and very likely will side with you. You didn't get what you paid for.

I wonder if the seller is from Denver. I had a similar experience but the pedal was also scratched.

Edit: Reverb will wipe the feedback too. In the future I wouldn't leave feedback until hearing from Reverb. I would also get them involved sooner. Having an e-shouting match will only raise your blood pressure.

Last edited:

Miketheslav

Silver Supporting Member
Talk to Reverb and ask for a $5 refund.

They should and very likely will side with you. You didn't get what you paid for.

I wonder if the seller is from Denver. I had a similar experience but the pedal was also scratched.
Eventually, I asked what the seller felt was reasonable and he offered 15$ so I accepted. The seller is in MS, so different one.

Trending Topics