So I bought a Xotic Wah - it's great...BUT

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Miketheslav, Jun 26, 2020 at 12:10 PM.

Tags:

What would you do?

1. Ask for partial refund and keep the pedal

18.1%
  2. Return pedal and eat shipping costs

1.2%
  3. Politely insist seller pay for shipping returns

7.6%
  4. Get over it

73.1%
  1. Miketheslav

Miketheslav Silver Supporting Member

Eventually, I asked what the seller felt was reasonable and he offered 15$ so I accepted. The seller is in MS, so different one.

Troglite, ckfoxtrot and Flatscan like this.
  2. Flatscan

Flatscan Supporting Member

We all need to be patient with each other right now.

Cliffhydro likes this.
  3. Miketheslav

For sure, but patience wasn't the issue here. I was certainly patient when the pedal didn't ship for four days and he didn't communicate. I think the issue was more about 'understanding' which escalated this situation.

ckfoxtrot likes this.
  4. Jess 1971

Jess 1971 Supporting Member

That's BS and I would contact Reverb and have his feedback removed.

5. Slapshot1977

Slapshot1977 Member

Damn! A 1 star feedback for wanting what was advertised. Seller sounds like a dick.

6. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

Dont know if my posy is going to help u or not but I Bought an Alfa Romeo Julia and got a Kia Niro. Still I am happy thinking about all the money I am saving on gas.

I am going to vote, but try to enjoy the pedal and move on, no reason to be aggravated by a box.

7. Miketheslav

For sure, Iā€™m a little salty about the 1 star revenge review, but ah well!

macmax77 likes this.
  8. BarryE

BarryE Member

Surprised it wasn't a Crybaby Wah.

McShred and jhullin like this.
  9. ckfoxtrot

ckfoxtrot Member

In terms of this situation, it seems like that would only be a concern for sellers that don't care about delivering what they advertised.

Miketheslav likes this.
  10. zacmac

zacmac Supporting Member

I think his wife should have to pay you the partial refund

ckfoxtrot and Miketheslav like this.
  11. DonaldDemon

DonaldDemon Member

At this point you should probably get the FBI involved. Maybe start by putting a call into the district attorney, I'm sure they will understand.

This is why I chose to never get into musical equipment sales or manufacturing. No ****ing way would I be able to put up with some of you.

12. DonaldDemon

DonaldDemon Member

Unacceptable. Obviously, she should be publicly shamed and verbally abused at the minimum. Stay classy, TGP.

ross1shark likes this.
  13. Husky

Husky Gold Supporting Member

This is an extreme
    #1 it's used and we are not talking about a Suhr branded case, we are closer talking about a Suhr branded shipping box since you won't put it in the shipping box every time you don't play it. As long as the Suhr was properly shipped and protected I wouldn't have an issue if the Actual product was what I wanted.

#2 it's not a $3K guitar where the shipping costs even far exceed the cost of the box.

Also wasn't there something accidentally included that is worth money not expected? Would that be returned?

This all seems Like an honest mistake on a fairly low dollar item.

again this is just my opinion but the OP was asking for opinions so nobody here is right or wrong but I hardly think it's comparable to not having the correct guitar case included.

I like the idea posted of swapping boxes with the other guy.

sounds like it's resolved to the OP satisfaction though.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020 at 10:28 PM
    Gaheba and Miketheslav like this.
  14. McShred

McShred Supporting Member

Its.....A......Box..... We're not talking intentional misrepresentation of the product. Seems like an honest mistake on the part of the seller. Sloppy, and probably worth a few bucks just for the hassle. Had I been the seller I'd probably have offered between $5-$10 refund depending on what the pedal sold for.

If you've sold enough on Reverb & eBay, you're certainly familiar with a particularly difficult subset of buyers. The buyers remorse/post sale renegotiation crew. The guys that go in to deals fully expecting to strong-arm the seller into a partial refund once they've received the item.

I'm not saying the OP is one, he actually seems to be fairly level headed, but we've got some guys on this thread that are tripping my radar as problem buyers.

Miketheslav likes this.
  15. babbyb

babbyb Supporting Member

ckfoxtrot and Miketheslav like this.
  16. McShred

McShred Supporting Member

17. ckfoxtrot

ckfoxtrot Member

It... Doesn't... Matter... What... It... Was... If... It... Was... Advertised... As... Part... Of... The... Sale.

A box might not be a big deal to you but it was advertised as part of the sale and was a big deal to the buyer.

If anything, this thread serves more towards "making a list" of shady sellers not to do business with based on the responses here.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020 at 11:07 PM
  18. babbyb

babbyb Supporting Member

Today there isn't. And in 1993, there was no secondary market for SNES boxes.

Items like packaging become collectible because of the "no one cares about a box" attitude...which is why it's good to care about a box.

ckfoxtrot likes this.
  19. GuitarMike69

GuitarMike69 Member

Has anyone asked why the world you would need a manual for a wah pedal?

20. Zer0beaT

Zer0beaT Member

Let's say OP keeps that Xotic wah pedal for the rest of his life, and stashes the original box in his garage or under his bed or wherever, and 40 years from now OP passes away and whoever got his guitar pedals wants to sell the Xotic wah, is it not possible that the box could make a difference in re-sale value?

But the issue is the seller apparently said "includes original box and manual" and ****ed that up.

I am STILL waiting for OP to post a link to the original ad on Reverb though. Quite the omission IMO.

I'd like to read and see the entire original ad to be honest. Let us see the ad and decide if you experienced a disservice. OP has yet to post a link to the ad (pretty sure we could see it still?)

ckfoxtrot likes this.