• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

SO i got a ME 70

smakked

It was my Birthday today and my wife got me one of these things, I ****in love it. I know alot will bag it but couldn't care less I like it thats all that matters to me, looks like I will be getting rid of about 5 of my pedals :|

Anyone else got one , thoughts tricks to using it? Seems i may need the external footswitch aswell.

JohnnyL

My wife bought me one for Christmas-I really like it but have much to learn about effects. I have been a straight in player all my life-I've learned to make all my 'effects' with my hands except for some reverb from time to time. She also got me a TC G major 2!. Now I am overwhelmed about using these effects but am having fun learning. My sound is very different now for sure. I l can only recommend doing searches online to find patches and experiment. I use my ME 70 in the effects loop mostly. Good Luck!

John

otter5555

i have the me 25, 50 and 70.

i like them all BUT the me 25 (cheapest of the bunch) sounds (to my ears) EXACTLY like my gt 100.

i no longer turn on the gt 100 because the me 25 is always there, takes up no space and once again (to my ears) sounds exactly the same.

there is a lot of tonal difference between the 25, 50 and 70.

the others sound good. the 25 sounds really good.

i read an article stating that the 25 and gt 100 shared some newer achitecture.

they are all nice.

shanghaitele

I think the me-25 is closer to gt100 than me70. The me 80 will be the same "generation" while the me-70 I think was the same generation of the gt10

gumtown

and then there are those whom insist that "COSM" is static and just the same as it's first appearance in 1997.
:mob :sarcasm

Last edited:

AriBoiangiu

Silver Supporting Member
I currently gig with a boss gt-8 direct to pa and monitor. Best consistent tone I've have in three or four years. I have the gr-55 by Roland and I can't get that to sound as good for heavy guitars but the clean and crunch stuff is superb. Just ordered a used me25 based on this thread!

fly135

The new ME-80 has the freeze effect that's in the ME-25. I love how the ME-25 uses the exp pedal to control the freeze. That alone is enough to make me keep my eye out when deals start appearing for the ME-80. The downside of the ME-25 is no controlling individual FX with footswitches. Just patch switching.

otter5555

and then there are those whom insist that "COSM" is static and just the same as it's first appearance in 1997.
:mob :sarcasm

cosm is definitely NOT static

there were advances made in the me 25 and gt100

not earthshaking advances by any means but a step in the right direction :)

superwho

I have a GT100 and get so tired of the cosm hate from people who haven't even used it. I can get damn good tones from almost all the amp models. I also have an ME50 that I love to just plug into and jam. Seriously would like to try out the me80 now that it's out.

smakked

Been messing with mine for a few days now, took some dialing in but now i am in love with it, i love the dual rec modelling distortion, i use that and use my bad monkey with low gain setting to boost it and it is near the perfect distortion i have ha din my head for a while now. All other effects are good for me , i only play in my room will never play in a band.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom