So I guess I don't like SD Seth Lovers. Help me choose new pickups...

KBN

Ok, so I have an Epiphone Dot that has a set of SD Seth Lovers in it. Not really my thing. Not a bad pickup by any means... Just not doing it for me. I have a Washburn HB-35 that has a set of Dimarzio Air Classics and I really, really like them. I would like something similar. I thought about just getting another set of the Dimarzios, but would like to explore slightly different flavors. What should I be looking for? Criteria: NOT high output and NOT $400/pair. Ideally, less than or equal to $100/pickup. Thanks for the help.

vegetablejoe

SD '59's set?

btw, what did you not like about the Seths? I love mine (as well as my Antiquity set) for that classic rock sound.

KBN

SD '59's set?

btw, what did you not like about the Seths? I love mine (as well as my Antiquity set) for that classic rock sound.
I will have to look up the SD 59's. The Seth Lovers work great for the classic rock sound, but I use a little more gain than classic rock and they get a "honk" when I play loud and I have problems with feedback. I understand that these pickups are not wax potted. Would that be part of what I don't like? Like I said, I don't think it is any fault of the pickups. Perhaps this is a square peg/round hole situation.

burner

Anico ll pro's. That's the next move for my es335
Those are great.
Another option is the DiMarzio PAF and PAF Pro.

I gotta' tell ya' though.....I've been so impressed with the Van Zandt Strat pickups that I might try out some of their humbuckers.

Trending Topics