So I just bought 63 guitar pedals...

downburst82

*updated with pictures*

There was a MASSIVE gear auction in Vancouver ( Surrey actually) this weekend.

Well over a million in guitars and gear.

There were 100's of pedals with many bunched into single lots. Some amazing gems grouped together with average pedals. Some incredible pieces from Cornish were in the Auction as well including an amazing David Gilmour pedalboard! ( I did not win that haha).

I did spend quite a bit but should make it back and a bit extra re-selling a lot of it and saving a few keepers.

Pictures to come ( might take a day or two to get things organized).

Anyone else get in on the action?

20220614_163300.jpg
20220614_145703.jpg
20220614_145646.jpg

Last edited:

Gary Ladd

pןɹoʍ ןnɟɹǝpuoʍ ɐ ʇɐɥʍ
Silver Supporting Member
With the way things are going, I suspect there will be a lot of auctions going forward...

I predict that a lot of scalpers will get stuck holding the bag, unable to flip like they're holding the Golden ticket, many having to soon dump piles of gear to pay rent & eat :YinYang

Personally I'm done buying pedals, with no pressure to sell, just patiently waiting for one specific amp (not in a hurry, can wait for the soon-to-be price correction/normalization + fire sales)...

Have fun experimenting with your new mega stash! :hiP

downburst82

With the way things are going, I suspect there will be a lot of auctions going forward...

I predict that a lot of scalpers will get stuck holding the bag, unable to flip like they're holding the Golden ticket, many having to soon dump piles of gear to pay rent & eat :YinYang

Personally I'm done buying pedals, with no pressure to sell, just patiently waiting for one specific amp (not in a hurry, can wait for the soon-to-be price correction/normalization + fire sales)...

Have fun experimenting with your new mega stash! :hiP

Yes I definitely had that in mind while bidding.

Prices were crazy for some items, I think a lot of people forgot there was %17 buyers premium added on the top of the price...then %12 in taxes on top of that.

Everything I bid on I did so pretty conservatively giving myself a very good margin to make money back....but even if I only break even ( or lose a bit) it will be a fun learning experience and I get to try out a bunch of pedals I probably never would have.

Gary Ladd

pןɹoʍ ןnɟɹǝpuoʍ ɐ ʇɐɥʍ
Silver Supporting Member
Oooo ah, fuzzers :bonk

We. Must. Hear. MOAR!

I sure hope you got a supa deal with that 30% service charge/skim :crazy

downburst82

Did you get boxes with any of them?

P.S. Just asking for the cork sniffers...

Unfortunately I don't think so. A few of the listing showed boxes but I don't think any of the ones I won showed any so I'm assuming they won't be included ( already factored into expected resale prices and margins haha).

Chief Distortion Officer
Silver Supporting Member
Unfortunately I don't think so. A few of the listing showed boxes but I don't think any of the ones I won showed any so I'm assuming they won't be included ( already factored into expected resale prices and margins haha).

Subscribed.

grritz

Live quiet. Play loud.
Gold Supporting Member
WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX!

Chief Distortion Officer
Silver Supporting Member
WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX!

/thread

hoffmanj

Gold Supporting Member
I don't understand. What does "/thread" mean? Someone please edjicate me. Thanks.

The origin is HTML. In old school HTML, if you wanted something to show as bold (as an example) on a web page, it would be coded as <b>something</b>. The “/“ means end this style, or this bullet, etc. So people use /thread as “end this thread - done.” Aka “nothing else to say.”

Dtown

The origin is HTML. In old school HTML, if you wanted something to show as bold (as an example) on a web page, it would be coded as <b>something</b>. The “/“ means end this style, or this bullet, etc. So people use /thread as “end this thread - done.” Aka “nothing else to say.”

but... then...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom