So I just moved my rig into a different room and...

KBN

...And it is ridiculous how much better it sounds. I was starting to think I needed different tubes or speakers or pickups or.... Etc, etc. Nope, I needed to move it to a better sounding room. With always talking about the gear it is easy to forget about the environment that the gear is in.

Alistair6

i totally agree.. i need to rework my office/gear room to give me better placement.. i sometimes hate how my amp sounds

soldano16

This spring I moved into a house rental that has a nice 20' X 30' room in the basement for the band. The room has a great sound to it and it makes the jams a real treat.

And all the neighbors are cool.

enocaster

Timely thread! I just bought my Crate Palomino V8 to the living room to sell a guitar (gotta keep strangers from seeing the man-cave) and it sounds WAY better than my low-ceilinged gear bunker. Maybe the wife will want to switch things around…

Lance

Here, here. I had all of my gear in a spare room, which will not be spared much longer. That room has terrible RF interference from something. But, if you hold the guitar like this....and turn to your left like this....squat down just a couple of inches like this....raise your left foot four inches....it goes away! Or, you can just move yor stuff into another room, D'oh! Wish I woulda thought of that long ago. It was nice having extra space, but I'd rather be able to play less hindered.

solo-act

You think that's fun, wait till you move it from venue to venue gig after gig. The Axe-fx makes consistency way easier, but every room sounds different and the first set is always an adjustment.

KBN

You think that's fun, wait till you move it from venue to venue gig after gig. The Axe-fx makes consistency way easier, but every room sounds different and the first set is always an adjustment.
I hear that. There are a couple of clubs I won't play at because they sound so terrible. There are also a couple of clubs that I will play at pretty much for free just because the room sounds so freaking good.

willhutch

Silver Supporting Member
I once built an amp. Upon firing it up I thought it sounded horrible. I then went in and reflowed solder joints, swapped tubes, speakers, etc. etc. After a couple days of troubleshooting, I brought it upstairs and it sounded great!

Trending Topics