So I played a party with the COT the other day

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Shiny_Beast, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Shiny_Beast

Shiny_Beast Member

I lied when I said I only had a ds-1 in a thread a while ago, I forgot I built myself a COT clone.

It was a livingroom gig thsi weekend. Usually I put some fuzzface on top of a dirty amp. I've been giggin without my MV amp lately, so I've taken to slamming the hell pou of the front end with a fuzzface if I can't get the map up loud enogh. Work quite well. This weekend I knew it was a small room so I grabbed the COT of the shelf for the heck of it. I had added a small bright cap at the end of the circuit , like a 100k with a 100pf cap in series with the output, fooling around trying to manage the volume a bit and give it just a bit more bite, it works sort of like a mild bright cap on the volume knob of some amps.

Anyhow, I used it for most of the night with my amp just up to "gritty" and was reminded again that this really is a great little problem solver. Great for jamming, working the volume knob with my strat, singing thick lead tonesetc...

It's too bad it doesn't play well with others, but then either does my fuzz so, I'm getting used to living with it's little quirks.