so i think i have been playing the blues too much. i am blue

small axe

hi there all,
man you damn right i got the blues. from my head down to my shoes. all i can end up playing at the end of the day is the blues. i mean i am smoking the blues. smoking the blues. my fingers go to the spots that express my anguish and loss, and how f+?><%d up everything thing is. sometimes at home after i play a crazy licked up blues jam i sit there and the leave the final notes ring out and i wait there, staring blankly and sometimes the feedback comes in and i use the whammy to go nuts and feel the hair on my arms stand up........you can say what you want, the blues are simple to play, been there done that, but tis not the case. for as time passes and new generations emerge and evolve they will no doubt feel the blues and play the blues. it can make you play till you cant play no more...who cares if its pentatonic with the blue note, or a shuffle, or walking bass line, im talking about the depression in the sound of the music. the bleeding heart if u so kindly would say.

gennation

I listened to The Who's Quadraphenia so much in the 70's that I almost threw myself in the ocean and ended it all!!!

Music can be dangerous!

Back on topic...

I'm doing a Blues revue type show this weekend. There is nothing simple about the blues. I'll be playing everything from Dixon/Wolf, Waters, Bessie Smith, Leadbelly, T-Bone, etc...all the way through to Manhattan Transfer, Stones, Paul Simon to represent what Blues created. Many many stylistic differences in "Blues music".

2HBStrat

....... i am smoking the blues. smoking the blues. my fingers go to the spots that express my anguish and loss,......after i play a crazy licked up blues jam i sit there and the leave the final notes ring out and i wait there, staring blankly and sometimes the feedback comes in and i use the whammy to go nuts........
That sounds great, but, be honest, are you rippin' hard?

Trending Topics