So I tried out a pedal python...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Fizz, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Fizz

Fizz Member

Seemed to tidy up the cable mess a bit! I had never really worried too much about having so many cables in my rig, though having started gigging more with my more elaborate set up, have realised they all get quickly tangled in a hurried tear down. This should neaten things up a bit.

Im running a 2 amp set up, one with a channel switcher, and also with delays in the effects loop. So I managed to turn 5 cables into one :)

A handy hint I picked up from another poster here: I got a TRS "insert cable" for the effects loop. So it has 2 jacks on one end to plug into the amp, and a TRS jack on the pedal board end with I will plug into a patch bay routed to the desired effects. Simplifies setup time yet again! Hopefully there is no down side to using an effects loop with this type of cable, none that I have noticed yet trying out the new setup at least, Ill have to give it a bit more time.

Before (With cables spread out for dramatic effect!)
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

2. Cem

Cem Member

3. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

Looks really neat. This would be one of the last things I buy for my rig, but it would be a great cherry on top.

4. JackStraw12

JackStraw12 Member

I bought one a few weeks ago and it cuts setup time dramatically!

5. gec78221

gec78221 Member

Just order one myself!!!

6. Bajan

Bajan Member

Great product. Effective and inexpensive.

[​IMG]

7. JackStraw12

JackStraw12 Member

After a few months with mine I am still very pleased. I cut the 18 ft wrap down about a foot on each end so I have more play with moving my VP and delay a bit farther apart. I recommend just running a lighter around the cut end really quick to melt up any ends that may fray. It's pretty cheap too, and the owner is a very cool gentleman. My first unit got lost and he shipped a replacement quickly and let me keep my original after the "lost" finally made it.