So..I was going throuhg some old lines...

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Ed DeGenaro, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro Supporting Member

2. tedm

tedm Gold Supporting Member

Ed,
    I like that violin tone a lot. What setup did you use for that?

BTW, in the evh radio interview, evh mentions that writing music was possibly started because they didn't have recorders back in the day, an interesting thought. not sure if he was being serious...

as I listen to the squeals of feedback and other inflections in your playing, i can't help but wonder how those would get documented iin current musical notation. If you were say, trying to get your band members up to speed with that tune, would you give them a recording, or sheet music?

3. Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro Supporting Member

Vigier Super Strat with EMGs into a Demeter FOD1 into a old THD Plexi into a Hot plate into the iso cab loaded with a V30. Delay, etc...added in the soft ware.

I dunno whether writing music started becuase a lack of any other form to record the events. But I guess it's pretty close to what happened. The other reason I can see was that back in the day publish houses were the big business. They sold sheet music so folks could play stuff.

How would I do it?
    Since my parts are played by me there's no worries.
    If there would be something i was really married to (which I very seldom am) I'd recorrd it.
    I write stuff down for me to catalogue. Well used to actually. And I just started going through my old notes andd transferring it into the computer.
    It really is cool when you want to work on something and comee up blank. Just grab soome lines you've been working on in the past and make them minor if theey're major, dominant if they're minor, etc...
    I got that from Verheyen.

4. MusicGearGuys

MusicGearGuys Member

Very cool Edward!
    I look forward to learning it. Thanks for sharing.
    Gregory

5. John Bell

John Bell Member

I'm sorry....but....who are you? :D

6. tedm

tedm Gold Supporting Member

Interesting. I've got these old Folgers canisters filled to the brim with CDR's and now DVD'R's of my recordings so I can keep my hard disks from filling, but I'm not sure if or when I'd ever go back to them...