1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

So is the new TIM good with Fender amps now?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by wesv, May 20, 2011.

1. wesv

wesv Member

Just posing the question...

There seemed to be a lot of talk a while back that Paul C was making the new one more compatible with Fender amps... So I'm guessing this new one with a toggle switch and thicker "tim" ink is more of an alrounder?

Also, what the wait time on Tim's now.? Thinking I might go directly to Paul, seems to be a lot on ebay atm

2. dlc1953

dlc1953 Member

Ya curious about the Fender friendlier model. Last time I talked with PC he didn't seem to clear on that coming out to soon. Wait is still 4 month's I think. Be interesting to hear some more input on that.

3. wesv

wesv Member

Ok, sweet, so maybe I hold off a bit then...

Does anyone play a TIM through a super reverb?? It cant be that bad can it??

4. NewarkWilder

NewarkWilder Member

I have--and no it's not bad, but it's definitely not where the Tim is most at home. The EQ curves just don't jive like the Tim/Timmy does with most other amps.

5. Hugo Da Rosa

Hugo Da Rosa Silver Supporting Member

You know...I never really figured out why the Tim/Timmy wasn't good with Fender-style amps. I've played it through my Fender Blues Deluxe original and Champ 600 and it sounds great to me. Granted, it doesn't sound as good as when it's running through my AC15 but it certainly doesn't sound bad to me.

6. smoss469

smoss469 Member

The switch on the outside is the same circuit, just made it so you could change the clipping type without opening the pedal.

7. dlc1953

dlc1953 Member

I'm not sayin it sound's bad with my Fender Twin.Just that from what I understand the design was more for Marshall than Fender and that he was or is workin on a more Fender friendly version. Is it a for sure thing I don't know. Maybe PC will comment on this.

8. traynor_garnet

traynor_garnet Member

There is no 'new' Tim/timmy. The power jack was moved and internal dips were moved to an external switch.

TG