1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

So It Is - again?

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by unix-guy, Sep 10, 2005.

1. unix-guy

unix-guy Member

Hi,

I was just introduced to this forum (which is awesome, so far!) by a user here (L5player) who was introducing this "virtual jam" session concept on our local Craigslist.org musician's community.

So, without further ado, here's my take of Journo's BT So It Is .

Its not the best performance, but it was fun and definitely has a Steely Dan vibe...

Gear used:

'87 Ibanez Sabre (neck pickup and neck+bridge HB in bridge section) -> Carl Martin Compressor -> Barber Direct Drive -> TC SCF chorus -> Guyatone MD-3 delay -> Ashdown PeaceMaker 40 clean with volume about .1 (yeah, super quiet) into MBox and ProTools LE.

Kevin[

2. journo

journo Member

Hi Unix-Guy,

Glad to say hello to a new member. Hope you'll enjoy this forum as much as I do.

Thanks for sharing your take on this BT. I enjoyed it. What really bowles me over is the sound you manage to get at that volume.

Cheers,

Mats N

3. unix-guy

unix-guy Member

Hey,

thanks for the awesome BT! I couldn't help but play it like a Steely Dan tune!

That sound has a lot to do with the Barber Direct Drive ($99 direct from Barber Electronics. I have 2 and they are AWESOME! I was recording at night and didn't want to disturb the family, so I thru an SM58 in front of the amp set clean and quiet, and turned on the Direct Drive...

If you have any other favorite BTs that you've done, I would love to take a stab at them.

One thing that would be great for me (because I don't have the best ear) would be if you'd post a basic chord chart or key with your tracks. In any case, I plan to post more here soon.

Kevin