1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

So It Is - again?

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by unix-guy, Sep 10, 2005.

1. unix-guy

unix-guy Member

Hi,

I was just introduced to this forum (which is awesome, so far!) by a user here (L5player) who was introducing this "virtual jam" session concept on our local Craigslist.org musician's community.

So, without further ado, here's my take of Journo's BT So It Is .

Its not the best performance, but it was fun and definitely has a Steely Dan vibe...

Gear used:

'87 Ibanez Sabre (neck pickup and neck+bridge HB in bridge section) -> Carl Martin Compressor -> Barber Direct Drive -> TC SCF chorus -> Guyatone MD-3 delay -> Ashdown PeaceMaker 40 clean with volume about .1 (yeah, super quiet) into MBox and ProTools LE.

Kevin[

2. journo

journo Member

Hi Unix-Guy,

Glad to say hello to a new member. Hope you'll enjoy this forum as much as I do.

Thanks for sharing your take on this BT. I enjoyed it. What really bowles me over is the sound you manage to get at that volume.

Cheers,

Mats N

3. unix-guy

unix-guy Member

Hey,

thanks for the awesome BT! I couldn't help but play it like a Steely Dan tune!

That sound has a lot to do with the Barber Direct Drive ($99 direct from Barber Electronics. I have 2 and they are AWESOME! I was recording at night and didn't want to disturb the family, so I thru an SM58 in front of the amp set clean and quiet, and turned on the Direct Drive...

If you have any other favorite BTs that you've done, I would love to take a stab at them.

One thing that would be great for me (because I don't have the best ear) would be if you'd post a basic chord chart or key with your tracks. In any case, I plan to post more here soon.

Kevin