So long Elevenrack...a small tribute

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by jeff5x0, Feb 16, 2012.

1. jeff5x0

jeff5x0 Member

Its been so good to me! However, after getting the Kemper yesterday, and profiling all of my presets, I sat there and wondered why I still needed it. I dont. The honeymoon never ended for me and the Elevenrack. After almost 2 years I still love it.....but I no longer need it.

Im hoping the next owner will enjoy it as much as I did and will take good care of her. I really hate to get rid of it, but its too expensive of a back up and I need to recoup some of the money I shelled out for the KPA. Ahh you will be missed my friend....you will be missed.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  2. Johnkenn

Johnkenn Member

So why did you hate it?

3. Reincaster

Reincaster Member

I don't believe he ever mentioned that he hated it. Just that the Kemper now does the same sounds, and a bit more, rendering the 11R a bite redundant. HE quite literally said he loved it.

I picked up an Axe, but was able to keep the 11R as a backup, lucky for me. I just haven't turned it on in awhile. Except to use it as a midi interface for my Axe, lolz.

4. richpjr

richpjr Member

I don't hate my 11R either, but I'm about to sell it too. It's Avid that my ire is directed at and their ridiculous upgrade policy for us Lion users.

5. shasha

shasha Member

Its not just you Lion users....its anyone who owns anything with their badges on it. I mean you don't become that big without being very good at making money.

6. randombastage

randombastage Member

Does the Kemper work as an audio and midi interface too?

7. guitarnet70

guitarnet70 Member

Nope

8. desdinova

desdinova Member

I can see myself having the same exact feelings in the event of me selling the 11R at some point. It will be only to replace it with a unit doing much much more or having a quite novel character. But I'd still love it because it does what it does in a great way and I'll try to find it a good home.

9. weshunter

weshunter Supporting Member

i really liked my eleven rack, but the avid/pro tools/lion crap just got the better of me, so i sold and have an Axe Standard on the way. now i just hope i can figure out how to get pro tools completely off my imac so it will stop asking me if i want to register (even though I already did register)

10. Steve Dallas

Steve Dallas Supporting Member

If I could dump Avid, I would. Unfortunately for me, there is nothing on the market that fills the void selling my 11R would create.

I just have to hope that PT versions above 8.05 will not be required to apply any future updates to the editor. I don't use PT for anything other than the editor and refuse to pay for an upgrade to software I shouldn't even need.

Maybe I should be watching used prices for Axe-FX Standards...

11. JunkGear

JunkGear Supporting Member

Glad you found a new tool that does what you need and more. It sure is an exciting time to be a guitarist. There are so many tools at so many price points. Fun fun fun :)

It's to bad both the 11R and Avid have such a bad rap these days. I simply love my 11R because it does exactly what it was intended to do; allow you to craft your sounds in the studio, then take them on the road. Maybe since I don't and never did use ProTools I was never jaded by that side of things.... who knows.

Anyway, enjoy and post clips soon.

12. richpjr

richpjr Member

I'm watching S-Gear very closely to see how that evolves. Unfortunately, it's still too limited for what I need to completely replace my 11R by itself.

13. jeff5x0

jeff5x0 Member

Why do I like the Kemper more? Thats a loaded question lol. The main reason is the flexibility of it. New amps every day. Some say the effects on the Kemper are limiting....I find them a breath of fresh air. I dont ever recall saying that I liked the Kemper more. I adore my Elevenrack. I dislike the way Avid has treated the Elevenrack casting it aside when it could be one of the top modelers out there. The unit sounds fantastic. They did a superb job of modeling. Its just the small annoying things that I have to deal with...like no editor for example, or having to launch PT to get user rigs. Not a deal breaker, but there is just no on going updates.

Now I could live with the existing amps in the 11r, because they are really really good. Im not a huge fan of the cabinets, which I thought at some point would have IR capability. But to date the last update to 11R was March 2010. Thats really disappointing to me. Doesnt mean the box sounds any worse, I just like alot of choices in my studio. And I have all kinds of crazy guitar rigs that come into the studio that sound amazing that I can now profile.

14. jeff5x0

jeff5x0 Member

Here are just a few songs that I used the Elevenrack exclusively on if anyone cares to listen.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28330529/Amazing Grace.mp3
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28330529/Amazing Love.mp3
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28330529/Better is One Day.mp3
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28330529/Draw Me Close.mp3
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28330529/Famous One.mp3

Nothing but the Elevenrack was used. We're (our worship band) are in the middle of recording a 42 song cd. These are the first tracks that have been completed. Not trying to show me off........trying to show the Elevenrack off.

15. slotools

slotools Member

I am afraid that the Avid corp will probably abandon the IIr- I wished they could prove us wrong and the the mother of all updates complete with a modleled Eventide Orville included.

It is too great a box to let die this way. I have a kemper but would still gig with my IIr no problem.

It really bugs me that you cant use the Kemper as a computer interface- and no harmonist/octave stuff provided (as with IIr) the Kemper performer setting is not available yet, and still gotta figure out how to maintain a sense of order with incoming patches.

16. jeff5x0

jeff5x0 Member

I agree with you on most things. I never used the 11r as an interface or any octave effects. I couldnt agree more about the sense of order statement. I already have over 200 rigs on it after just 2 days of having it. Im hoping, and there are rumors, that there will be some type of editor software. From what I understand the Performer function and undo function will be available in the next update. The Kemper has its own set of shortcomings, but overall Im extremely happy with it and I am fairly confident it will only improve in functionality over the next few months.

17. birdie_in_texas

birdie_in_texas I can haz virgins? Silver Supporting Member

I have a stupid question...

You mention having to fire up PT to use "user patches" or whatever..

do you actually download those patches to the unit and they stay there as a patch number, or is the only way you can use those patches is when PT is running?

18. jeff5x0

jeff5x0 Member

No you can use them without Pro Tools. You just need to use Pro Tools to get them on the Elevenrack.

19. birdie_in_texas

birdie_in_texas I can haz virgins? Silver Supporting Member