• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

So many great drive pedals.....

JoeYello

Silver Supporting Member
Like many other TGP members I have succumbed to GAS and acquired many really good pedals, particularly ODs and distortions. I very rarely sell any so I have a bunch of really cool pedals at my disposal.

I have a clear favorite, my silver Klon but other than that there are many drives that would work for me. I guess it’s a flavor of the month thing. The pandemic has made it worse as I often sit and swap pedals just trying different combos trying to find the right sound for the big day when I get to jam live with real people.

My current favorite is a Mr Black JDS-50 boosted by a Klon. The JDS has a very open distorted sound with chime and harmonics, the Klon pushes it perfectly for solos.

I just got on the KOT waiting list so I’ll probably need a hundred or so drives to hold me over until it arrives....LOL

Whats your favorite combo today?

sadhudude

^ wow that is some collection

mine is rather more humble and I think I have finally learned to hang on to a few as no one drive works for all applications, guitars, amps...

favourite at the moment is the first one pushed a little by a Mad Prof Forest Green...

Providence SOV-2
Lovepedal OD11
MXR Custom Badass (Strat secret weapon)
Subdecay Liquid Sunshine
Zendrive clone
Blackstar Dual (valve goodness)

metrokosmiko

Silver Supporting Member
The pandemic has made it worse as I often sit and swap pedals just trying different combos trying to find the right sound for the big day when I get to jam live with real people.
This is not good at all. When this happens, music has taken a step back to gear.

bluesuede

I haven't experimented much with stacking multiple overdrives so no favorite combos there. Now stacking overdrives with fuzz? TS9 into a Wampler Velvet Fuzz and a Fulltone 69 into a JHS Charlie Brown are winning combos.

Jazzandmore

Platinum Supporting Member

mine is rather more humble and I think I have finally learned to hang on to a few as no one drive works for all applications, guitars, amps...

favourite at the moment is the first one pushed a little by a Mad Prof Forest Green...

Providence SOV-2
Lovepedal OD11
Subdecay Liquid Sunshine
Zendrive clone
Yeah lucky to have a fairly simple life and no family obligations. Allows me to be gear crazy. But each one, with a few exceptions, is acquired after in depth searching, reading, reading reviews, and listening to demos.

rawkguitarist

I do love distortion pedals. I have one more guitar about to be done this month. With 5 great amps and 8 great guitars I'm actually done with the big stuff. So...

I've gotten excited about pedals again and especially RAT's lately...

Edit: My favorite combo? Not sure. But its probably my Direct Drive boosted by my Mythical Overdrive.

These are my favorites:
Barber Direct Drive
Barber Super Sport
Barber Dirty Bomb
Barber Dirty Bomb (2)
Mythical Overdrive (klon)
Timmy

Additional Greats:
Trombetta Mini-Bone
Trombetta OctaBoneMachine
Lovepedal Karl
Zvex Fuzz Factory
BJF Dyna Red
Boss SD1

RAT's:
CMATMODS The Black Plague
Basic Audio custom Shore Bird
VFE Alpha Dog

Modding/building:
Eternity clone
Fuzz Dog - Baxandall Rodent. A RAT with a baxandall EQ
My Alpha Dog is currently apart. With Peter's (VFE) i'm modding it for more distortion.

Yup - its hard to have too many clipping devices. When I get these pedals built/modded I'll need to take a dirt box family photo.

Last edited:

Jazzandmore

Platinum Supporting Member
Go on... pick your fave two...
Can‘t be done. A few are missing, and you gotta have some Dumbly goodness, along with some other goodies. ;) I could get it to four if pressed. The first three in the top row, and a Tubesteader Beekeeper for the D sounds. And that would still allow me to have the Origin Trem and Vibe pedals...which have their own OD circuits, but are technically Trem and Vibe pedals. :aok

And of course we are not talking fuzz. :D

Last edited:

fretless

Silver Supporting Member

Providence SOV-2
Lovepedal OD11
Subdecay Liquid Sunshine
Zendrive clone
I just got a Liquid Sunshine a few weeks ago. Absolutely awesome pedal!

rumstove

I've been experimenting quite a bit too with what I have to choose from. Somehow this works really well.

The Luxury Drive-->Hot Cake has been a favorite of mine for a long time. Hot Cake alone is great breakup sound; adding the Luxury Drive in front of it thickens it up quite nicely. The TI-Boost behind Hot Cake kicks things up yet another notch (some reason TI-Boost in front of Hot Cake doesn't sound so good). Luxury Drive-->TI-Boost also sounds really good. I can use any combination of these three pedals for lots of different sounds.

Gaheba

I've got four boards ready to rock.
Today my favourite board / dirt combo is MI Audio Blues Pro > Fulltone Secret Freq > Ryra Klone. All three can be used standalone or stacked. Ably supported by vibe, chorus, delay and trem.
This board looks like becoming my main board. Not much I can't do with it (no metal, but thats not my jam anyway). Its a great new take (for me) on my 30 year old core sound of rat, TS and bluesbreaker (which is always my baseline).

Matt Griffin

Silver Supporting Member
I’ve been through a fair number of drives the last few years. Once I got into Kingsley it changed everything. The Page really knocked my socks off, so much so that I just ordered a custom Marauder (two Pages in one box). Also enjoying the Hudson Broadcast dual to goose the Page, but I think that’ll take a break from the board with the Marauder joining.

Fuzz wise, really enjoying the the Bliss Factory lately, too. Rolling back the volume gets extreme brightening up which is fun to play with running into the Page. And the LPF is really wild for dialing in some vintage Fripp lead tones.

Trending Topics