So my brother and sister in law played with The Who Friday night

They've done several gigs like this, where bands will hire a small string section locally to compliment their touring band. They've played collectively with Stevie Wonder, Robert Plant, Brian Wilson, Peter Gabriel, etc. My sister in law is the blonde cello player front right, and by brother is on the upright bass behind her. (Yes; I'm pretty proud).

John Quinn

Gold Supporting Member
They've done several gigs like this, where bands will hire a small string section locally to compliment their touring band. They've played collectively with Stevie Wonder, Robert Plant, Brian Wilson, Peter Gabriel, etc. My sister in law is the blonde cello player front right, and by brother is on the upright bass behind her. (Yes; I'm pretty proud).

Not a bad gig - could they hear themselves?

aaronblues

Silver Supporting Member

My mom (violinist) played with them a few years back and is booked to play with them again in October.
Just another gig for her (albeit a very loud one) but is amazing to me...

madmarcus1960

Silver Supporting Member
That's Myyyyyyyyy Generationnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! Awesome, unexpected, they definitely see the end in sight. Glad they're bringing what is their best!

flare4roach

Pete and Roger are sounding great these days. Zak Starkey is their best drummer since Keith Moon (who, as it turns out, was Zak’s Godfather).
KEITHMOON.jpg

And taught him the fundamentals of drumming. What a connection to where Zak landed. How cool is that?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom