So my friend makes amazing pedals....

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by SkydogFan81, May 12, 2008.

1. SkydogFan81

SkydogFan81 Supporting Member

So my band, Night Sweat, played about a week ago and we were sent an email (after the show) by someone who was there. He had many kind words about our show etc and offered his services as a live sound engineer, recording links, and said that he makes custom pedals and would like us to try some out.

Well, I have been a pedal whore over the past year or so, so I feel like I know the difference between a high quality pedal and a boss etc. I have or have/had a Mad Prof Deep Blue delay, TIM, Beano Boost, budda wah, Analogman Chorus...etc.

The guy comes over the other day to jam and let us try out some of his pedals...

His pedals are fantastic! I though he was going to show up with one or 2 pedals and he showed up with this space ship controller!:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The big unit has pretty much every common effect (TS style OD, treble booster, clean boost, chorus, orange squeezer style comp, marshall style distortion pedal, fuzz, octave fuzz etc He also makes a 3 pedal in one box, this one was comp, dist, clean boost. He makes anything you want and its all custom. The wah pedal has 2 knobs on the side, one is a selector for 6 different capacitors for different ranges, the other is a inductor selector for a Halo, or the other one (I forgot what he called it), but they all have a different sonic footprint and help you cut through the mix better. Pretty cool stuff.

we are going into the studio at the end of the month so I'll post some clips of his stuff in the soundclips forum.

his website is www.nittapedals.com btw.

2. serviviente7

serviviente7 Supporting Member

good to know i will ck them out.

3. thisfire

thisfire Supporting Member

Jeeze! This guy does everything...some really interesting stuff, thanks for the heads up :AOK

4. Digby

Digby Senior Member

I'll be interested to give him a further look once he gets a legible website up and running. His current one is horrid.

I am intrigued though...

Digby

5. SkydogFan81

yeah, I hear you on the website, but hey, he is a recent college graduate. He should be up and running soon and he will have some hight quality clips around the first week of June. His pedals are priced really good especially when I compared his "warm digital delay" to my Deep Blue...and I absolutely love my DBD.

6. theinteriorleag

theinteriorleag Member

view it in firefox...not as bad.

7. Alter

Alter Member

..yeah, custom multipedals can come really handy. there is this guy here in greece that makes similar stuff. he has his own line of pedals (vintage oriented sound), but can also rehouse your pedals in a multipedal box!..

http://www.jampedals.com/

.. i m going to get one of these.. :D

8. SkydogFan81

yeah my buddy says that he is doing that too, but I've got a strobo2 and a nice pedal board already

9. Alter

Alter Member

yeah me too, but i 'm thinking of getting a small multipedal for gigs where i don't feel like carrying a $2500 loaded pedaltrain

10. SkydogFan81

good point! :drink