So Tell 'Bout The Nick Greer Sonic Boom...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Electric I, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Electric I

Electric I Member

Looks mighty fine on paper, but howzit fare in actual use?

2. Garygtr

Garygtr Almost as good! Silver Supporting Member

I had one for awhile in the Black Betty pedal (Sonic Boom and Black Fuzz in one pedal), great sounding boost. It is based on the EH LPB-1, I believe. I moved the Black Betty because it had the boost before the fuzz and I really prefer it the other way around. If I was in the market for a clean boost, the Sonic Boom would be high on my list.

3. big mike

big mike Fixed Bias Moderator Staff Member

Yup yup! LOVE my sonic boom!! Great pedal. I'm using it after my Klon, but it's an either or. I use the Klon for Overdrive. In most cases, ALL i use is the boom for just a bit more slam into the front of the amp.

Freaking killer pedal. I'm dying to try his Royal Fromage too.

Sold my RC boost when I got the Sonic Boom.

4. aquadog

aquadog Member

Its a great boost. If you want something thats more versitile, get the royale fromage - its a sonic boom with a really nice tone control. I absolutely love it with humbuckers.
    Cool thing I found was playing my hamer artist through my sunn with the tone maxed. Roll the volume down a bit to clean it up and I got a very cool hiwatt like sound, very reminiscent to Townsend's clean tone on Live at Leeds.

5. Electric I

Electric I Member

Cool beans.

Hafta look into the fromage now as well.

Thanks for the input, all.

6. Sid

Sid Member

you know I cant find too many soundclips of nick greer pedals

7. big mike

I know, he really needs to get some. His pedals are very unique.
    I tried a Ghetto Stomp out this week, and it's a very cool 'dirty boost'

8. Sid

Sid Member

yep heard a lot about them..very reasonably priced..but being an international customer...no soundclips=completelely ruled out...

plus it doesnt help that he hasnt answered my emails

9. Nick Greer

Nick Greer Member

Sid--I have not received any emails from you. Please feel free to email me at dagreers@surfsouth.com, hopefully it is just a glitch in my email system...you can also try to private message me on here if that does not seem to work. I always answer emails as fast as possible...could just be my spam filter kicking in though. Sorry for any confusion, try emailing me and if you don't get a response that way, then private message me on the gear page. Thanks and let me know how I can help.

Nick Greer

10. mkl13

mkl13 Silver Supporting Member

I have a Royal Fromage and it is a killer pedal. Really sounds great between by R0 and JTM45. Provides alot of boost if wanted and the tone control is really helpful.

11. Sid

Sid Member

Hey Nick....apologies for the confusion...I guess it was just a misunderstanding...I got your email at musictoyz and shot u a mail...didnt get a reply so didnt give it further thought...Its gr8 to have the situation clarified....well to summarize my email...would love some soundclips of your pedals....cant get any to try out here in Singapore...

thanks again...cheers

12. Nick Greer

Nick Greer Member

Not a problem on the confusion, happens all the time when the spam filter kicks someone's email out for some reason that only the spam filter understands...

On to the clips--we're working on getting some though it has been a VERY slow process...we've had a HUGE increase in demand for our amps as of late as well as our pedals, so I've been stuck to my work bench...that plus the fact that I am a terrible player since I am not gigging near as often as I used to makes it difficult for me to record the clips, however, we are going to be working with a player very soon to get some good quality sound clips up...just have to find the time. Sorry for any confusion and if you need further descriptions of the pedals please feel free to try to email me again. I will see if I can put together a rough ***VERY ROUGH*** clip here at the house but I have no real recording equipment, only a crappy computer mic with the standard sound card setup...I will TRY to do so though if it does not represent the pedal in the correct manner (due to the computer's mic being overdriven or the lack of decent recording equipment, or just generally crappy playing) I will not be posting any clips.

Nick Greer

13. big mike

Anyone wanna hear the Greer Cam18 I have clips on my gear page.

http://homepage.mac.com/big_mike click on sounds, and click on any of the ones with 'deth scourge' in the title.

Anyone close to me, we can certainly try to hook up so you can audition the amp, or the sonic boom.

Thanks Nick, you're the best! REALLY digging my tone.

14. flickerbot

flickerbot Member

Best Boost pedal I have ever used- actually rounds out the natural sound of my guitar- I leave it on all the time...oozes quality, like all of the greer line- I'm getting an Underdog Mod-1 in a couple weeks- I cannot wait!