So tell me about WCR Pickups...

eric102673

If you do a search you will find a ton of responses as a whole slew of folks on this board swear by them and talk about this topic constantly.

-e.

bikerdude2

Thanks..I poked around, but didn't find quite what I was looking for. I'm most interested in the Herc set

jeffh

Gold Supporting Member
I have a Goodwood (bridge) and a Darkbust (neck) about to be installed on Monday. Jim has been great to deal with.

HEY!YOU!

I've got the Fillmores in my R9.
Darkbursts in my Korina Flying V.

They all sound great and can be used in any guitar IMO.

And Jim is a kool kat.

Erik

I've got a Fillmore set in a LP, and a Herc in my PRS Singlecut. The Herc is the biggest, fullest pickup I've ever played. I don't know how Jim does it, but the pickup stays clear and pretty quiet. Did I mention how big that pickup sounds???

tfunster

Gold Supporting Member
I've had WCR Goodwoods and Crossroads. Both top notch pickups. After reading a lot of posts here on WCR's, it seems like almost everyone here loves them.

drjenkins

Silver Supporting Member
Ive got one of Jim's Iron Man prototype pickups and that thing is massive!! 22k of pure tone. Ive got a Fillmore & a Crossroads in my Nunis custom and love those too. Its crazy that the Iron Man has that high of a rating but is still musical, and not harsh. Jim is the man!:dude

dave

SteveK

Silver Supporting Member
I've got Darkburst sets wound onto stabilized wood bobbins in 2 of my Thorns. Best sounding pups I've ever heard/played :AOK

Two-Octave

I have the Herc set in a Les Paul and they really sound good.Plus,like the previous posters have mentioned Jim is a cool cat.

snoopy1@isoc.ne

Gold Supporting Member
bikerdude2 said:
Thanks..I poked around, but didn't find quite what I was looking for. I'm most interested in the Herc set
Well I have the Black majic in one of my Mcnaughts Dark burst in my Thorn. Cross roads in my old Soul Mate. and Hercs in my New ordered Mcnaught. I guess I am a WCR fan . Thanks Mike

mainsale

Well, I've had a set of zebra Goodwoods collecting dust on my desk for about six months. I guess I better do something about that. I do have this nice LP Florentine though................

John Hurtt

Gold Supporting Member
I love the Goodwoods that are in my Thorn. There should be a monster thread about WCR's in the "Effects and stuff" section...

jokerjkny

Goodwoods are great, and are Jim's best pickup. they seem a tad too glossy on the top end to me, but very articulate thru a good healty dose of gain.

here's a clip.

i have the Crossroads in my LP, and they arent too shabby either. compared to the Seth Lovers that were in there before, they're rougher, more loose, and yet have a nice aggressive punch.

Trending Topics