• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

So this Carr Bloke thing...

katuna

Gold Supporting Member
Sounds like it could be pretty, pretty, pretty ... good.

Looks like the one at NAMM was a 1x12. Anyone know what speaker was in it? Possible other configurations? Anyone actually play it? Who put the garlic in the glue?

Live Wire

Sounds like it could be pretty, pretty, pretty ... goo pure d.

Looks like the one at NAMM was a 1x12. Anyone know what speaker was in it? Possible other configurations? Anyone actually play it? Who put the garlic in the glue?

RW&B ?

Last edited:

LowWatt

The speaker they are using is a new Eminence model made just for Carr called the Elsinore. Steve Carr says it's a bit of a cross between a Wizard and Kingpin, with a slightly smaller magnet. This amp is an absolute stunner... A real rock and roll beast.
Elsinore? Like the beer from Strange Brew?

jerrydog

Silver Supporting Member
Revival bump...
It's been months since anyone talked about this.
Has anyone played one yet! Clips?! Reviews?!
I LOVE the looks of this thing...

MikeyG

Silver Supporting Member
Eddie Berman dug up a clip when I was visiting last week, sounded pretty good ...

BIGGERSTAFF

The one I played sounded(and felt) amazing(the one Eddie demoed). Great note articulation, overtones/bloom. Nice cleans, as well as overdriven tones. Very fun amp to play.

Live Wire

I've had one for about a year now. It's a really interesting amp. It doesn't do cleans much at all, but it has loads of gain. It goes from a crunchy, sort of JTM45 vibe to a full on gain monster with the flick of a switch on the first channel, and a more articulated punchy, biting overdrive on the lead channel. It's easy for me to lose whole afternoons just wailing on this beast, and it's been a blast at gigs. I routinely get one or two guys a night coming up to ask me about it.
It is an odd fit, considering the rest of Carr's line, but I guess it occupies the slot that the Hammerhead used to fill.

Crash-VR

Silver Supporting Member
I just picked up an Impala. I would love to eventually get a bloke for a two amp rig.

Trending Topics