So this is what the fuss about vintage Proco Rats is all about!

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by twoheadedboy, Sep 11, 2006.

1. twoheadedboy

twoheadedboy Member

I picked up a Vintage Proco Rat from a friend the other day. I'd never heard one before, and I always assumed they were just another harsh, grainy early distortion pedal. Boy, was I wrong. Here's a clip of the rat I got. The clip starts out with a couple licks with just my tele going into my amp, then I click on the Rat with everything set to noon. Throughout the clip, I mess with the filter and distortion controls. I don't think you can get a bad sound out of this pedal. This was also recorded at a super low volume. My 50 watt head's master was at about 8 or 9 o'clock.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=525647

2. anyone

anyone Member

Sounds great!

That's a killer pedal for sure. My brother's got one that he's had forever. I love to get it from him but don't have the heart. Love the filter on that thing!

3. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

Was my main OD in the 80's... then I met the original Tech 21 Sans Amp

HJ

4. enchan-ted

enchan-ted Member

best $50 I ever spent......actually I got a Chandler Tube Driver for $50 once but guess what.....the RAT still works!

I've been through a lot of boutiques but always come back to it. If you like soloing from the neck pos, it THE pedal.