So today I played a Two Rock Custom Reverb. A question!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Zuhzuhzombie!!, May 9, 2015.

1. Zuhzuhzombie!!

Zuhzuhzombie!! Member

And it sounded phenomenal. Though I don't quite understand the switching on top of every knob.

Played through it with:

2012 White Falcon
    2014 Rickenbacker 620
    1964 ES 345
    2015 Telecaster Standard

Know what sounded the best? The Tele! Wild, I know. Every amp I played after it just sounded no good in comparison.

Question? A few, actually.

One, what does this amp do that is so special?

Two, is it all hand made/point to point/etc? I see that it is made by an outfit owned by the guys who do Fano.

Three, what is a more reasonably priced alternative? Anything by Top Hat?

2. mickelodeon

mickelodeon Member

1) What does it do that's so special? You said it sounded phenomenal! That's what it does! Touch response, sonic footprint, smooth at all settings, etc

2) It's handmade by the crew at Two Rock

3) Nope. I've tried. Thousands of amps sound great. I haven't heard anything that sounds like the CRS. Not in a "nothing else sounds this good" way, but that it has a unique character to it that I haven't heard (or moreso felt) in anything else I've encountered in my travels.

3. Zuhzuhzombie!!

Zuhzuhzombie!! Member

It had a mega lush overdrive. Neil Young on the lower settings, Van Halen when cranked. A full bodied reverb that I could feel in my gut but didn't sound like you were in a steel box.

I dunno what this amp did different man.

Gonna take some of my guitars back and see what it has going on with my own gear.

4. mickelodeon

mickelodeon Member

It's my favourite amp ever. Period. I'm so glad I was able to find one.