So; was this NAMM a bust?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ugly Bunny, Jan 30, 2017.

1. S. S. Bender

S. S. Bender Member

I agree 100%, and would add the EHX Blurst to that already great list!

thesooze likes this.
  2. realmacaroni

realmacaroni Supporting Member

i dont think its a bust. there's something for everybody, which is better than tons of stuff for somebody

im personally pretty geeked on the suhr modern t, rubberneck, and fender acoustic singer amps

3. TubeStack

TubeStack Supporting Member

Yes, it left me feeling...

4. skern

skern Member

whatbout supro guitars?

5. Broomz

Broomz Member

From what I can tell, this NAMM was a blurst.

6. petty1818

petty1818 Member

I generally get excited for NAMM but this year it was a complete bust IMO. Yeah, there were a few neat items but I was really looking forward to some releases (Diamond reverb) and they were not even mentioned. Digitech had the most impressive display as did Godin guitars. I know they don't get a lot of attention here but their custom shop offerings look great. I guess the good thing is, I don't have anything to buy in the near future!

8len8 likes this.
  7. S. S. Bender

S. S. Bender Member

[QUOTE="skern, post: 23461033, member: 121002"What about Supro guitars?[/QUOTE]

Those looked like rebadged Eastwood guitars, which is keeping me six-string-boner-free until more information becomes available.

http://www.eastwoodguitars.com/

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  8. S. S. Bender

S. S. Bender Member

To each his own... :D

9. Sloppyfingers

Sloppyfingers Member

Yes, this year was a little non descript IMO.
    Having said that, I like what both Mooer and Amplifire are doing with bringing out more simplified uber compact amp modelling in a small pedal format..It's great for players who just want a few solid amp models.

10. Broomz

Broomz Member

You missed my joke! :crazyguy

11. S. S. Bender

S. S. Bender Member

Maybe I'm still missing it... I took "Blurst" to mean "Bust." :D

Broomz likes this.
  12. drifterphase

drifterphase Member

This?

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/trade-shows/winter-namm-2017/31899449-namm-rumours

Flatscan likes this.
  13. Broomz

Broomz Member

No- it means BLURST!!

Beto, dickjonesify and S. S. Bender like this.
  14. S. S. Bender

S. S. Bender Member

I must be in a comedy coma. That's what I get for having a three-hour nap after dinner tonight!

Broomz likes this.
  15. Flatscan

Flatscan Supporting Member

Thank you @drifterphase. That's the thread! Lots of interesting, tradition-pushing guitars therein...

Note: I'm excited to see Joe Gore's new releases later this year. All of his pedals are great imo.

thomas4th, Cal Webway and uberdave like this.
  16. 108

108 Member

the catalinbread and digitech delays are all that have really stood out to me this year, a couple others were mildly interesting but not worth my money. as usual on the amp and instrument side of things there was nothing particularly exciting.

erksin likes this.
  17. uberdave

uberdave Supporting Member

As a player, tester, and consumer what I enjoyed most about NAMM was the oppurtunity to meet the people who put their creative effort, passion, and skills into gear. I met some great coffee making folks from EQD, got to hang out with Aimish from Diamond Pedals(Canadian cool!). I got to chat to Erskin about his favorite amp the Gibson Falcon..Talked to pedal maestro demo-king Juan Alderete. And of course Joe Gore!
    But I really dug FoxPedals the Wave, the Walrus- Audio pedals, WMD pedals, and the Belle Epoch Deluxe. EuroRack "village" was stellar too.
    No bust for me even it rained down like Lil'Wayne at da' strip club.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    flcmcya, Flatscan and erksin like this.
  18. guitz

guitz Member

Guitar pedals were actually MORE interesting this year than last imo, but overall, a BUNCH of manufacturers either didn't show up at all (G & L, Mesa Boogie) or had nothing new this year. There was a blurb somewhere on the net you could dig up that mentioned many manufacturers are slowly moving away from trade shows and introducing their new stuff via social media, you tube etc

19. Overdriver18

Overdriver18 Member

The other thing I'd add is that it feels to me like even between what people say and what people show is very different. It feels like for some pedals if you ask a question, people come out of the woodwork talking about how much they like it and how its the best thing they've ever bought for the effect type, but then you never see the pedal on any boards in any of the dozen different pedal board threads. So its super difficult to gauge how much people are liking something or how long something has stuck around on people's boards if they aren't posting pictures.

20. Serenity

Serenity Member

Just because you didn't spot anything you wanted doesn't mean it was a bust.
    I read that there was something like 170 new pedal releases, i haven't had a chance to check through even half of that. Supro released a whole line of new guitars, Satellite Amps released their new Coronet guitars, Duesenberg and Suhr added some nice new models to their ranges..., and Gibson released a PRS copy :D. Probably a whole lot more that i've not seen yet, and i'm not looking because i already have current models that i'm after and don't need anything else on my GAS list, same goes with amps.
    As for pedals, the Catalinbread Belle Epoch Deluxe will almost certainly end up on my board at some point this year. I do wish people would stop refering to it as just an upgrade of the old model, it's a completely new pedal. And the Pulse sustainer looks and sounds very cool. Hopefully i'll get to check one out when it's released later in the year.

erksin and moore_for_less like this.