So what can you guys tell me about the PRS (or SE) Custom 24 Floyd?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Bryan29, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Bryan29

Bryan29 Supporting Member

How many of you have played one?

What's the feel like?

How about sound?

Any and all opinions welcome!

I tried a search but you know PRS, SE, and 24 don't work.....

2. William Braddell

William Braddell Member

I can't help you with your query having not played that model but I find that the solution to the search function not accepting PRS is to type PRS* with the asterix attached. Hope that helps anyway.

3. Bryan29

Thanks! I had no idea that would work.

4. Bryan29

Anybody got any info?

Also who is a good online dealer with these in stock so I can see pics of a "real" one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. critter74

critter74 Supporting Member

Probably Sweetwater would be best for the SE. A lot of times you can actually see and pick the guitar you want. Which is nice to be able to select the exact grain style you want.

6. Bryan29

I like it when companies do that. Choosing a trans finish guitar is hard when you can't see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Sorry you're not getting much info. But PRS, including their SE line, is one of the most consistent companies around. The neck carves are simply varying sizes of a nice rounded C. If you can't find one in particular to try, look up the specs and if you can play one with the same neck shape without the Floyd it's going to be nearly the same guitar.

Either way, I'd bet either the SE or the higher end one will do you just fine.

8. Bryan29

Thanks!

I guess I figured a PRS thread around here would have brought out a ton of responses.

9. critter74

critter74 Supporting Member

Yes and no. A lot of PRS owners. A lot of Floyd equipped guitar owners. Probably not so many of the the combo. You're asking on a pretty specific model that is probably not as popular.

I'm sure it's a great guitar. The SE line in genral is phenomenal. I've said many time before, I like the neck on my SE Custom 24 better than all my Core Line or SE. As for pickups- they certainly aren't bad. But they aren't mind numbingly great either. Good enough until you maybe want something else. I still have stock in my SC SE. They tend to be in the MId output volume wise- not super hot but not low wind either. Fret work is fantastic. Some people complain about the nut, but I've had no issues with it on any of the SE's Inown or have owned.

Anyways- like I said the SE's are great overall. Each year they get better and better. Especially now with carved tops. They are not core line level (yet). But they are out of the box been far better stock than some other MIA brand guitars I have bought in the last year or so.

Truly great instruments. I'm just not familiar with the particular model your asking about.

10. Bryan29

I guess you're right.

Well I found one at a PRS dealer today and gave it a whirl.

Very nice guitar! I had the Allender model for a little while but I quickly sold it because I really didn't like it.

This one, however, is very impressive.