So, what happened to the Wylde Audio amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by GilmourD, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Fireproof

Fireproof Supporting Member

2. HHKeegan

HHKeegan Member

3. the_Chris

the_Chris It's All Been Done Before Gold Supporting Member

I hate his playing (we get it, you know pinch harmonics), his schtick (wannabe tough biker guy), his taste (his Gibsons are arguably some of the ugliest ever made) , the 357 Customs debacle, his failed stints at creating his own budget guitars...

Wait, why in 2018 does anyone care about him?

fretless likes this.
  4. 8len8

8len8 Member

Because you are in the minority. Many folks like him and his music.

Matteo11, Custom50, MantraSky and 2 others like this.
  5. HHKeegan

HHKeegan Member

He plays sweet sludge grooves and is a great shredder. I agree that the pinch harnonics become tiresome though.

Also the original bullseye LP is iconic, lots of people grew up seeing him play it and it's a cool design in of itself ...

6. J.Eric B

J.Eric B Member

I agree on the Les Paul’s. When I was younger I thought the confederate/bottle cap Les Paul was pretty bada$&!

Gilky likes this.
  7. LPMojoGL

LPMojoGL Music Room Superstar Supporting Member

Obviously, you care enough to “hate”.

NRFTW is possibly my favorite Ozzy album. Dig some PnG and BLS stuff.

His guitars are being blown out really cheap at GC. Even at half price, I cant pull the trigger. They just don’t play or sound that good.
    Didn’t even know there were some amps in the works.

8. GilmourD

GilmourD Member

So... No word on the amps still, huh?

9. Brad Hope

Brad Hope Member

Zakk is a beast, and an all around good dude. Very nice and humble guy who only endorses the stuff he uses. George Lynch is the same way, ESP for 30 years??? Come on man, that was a BS comment. EVH, well...it’s already been said. As far as the WA amps, last I heard, Zakk was touring with them for about a year now, just trying to test them out before they go into production. I was two inches from his rig last year, and he runs through the WA amps with the BLS 2203, and 2203ZW as back ups. From what I could tell, the 100 Master is the same as a BLS 2203, in a JMP head cab. Guess we’ll see, if they ever come out. He had a black one, and a white one. The white one looked rough, white plastic corners had already yellowed quite a bit.

10. sleewell

sleewell Member

the absolute hideousness of his guitars must have repressed any sales of the amps.

fretless likes this.
  11. Brad Hope

Brad Hope Member

No doubt there are a couple of models that aren’t very eye-pleasing. But you can’t just copy Gibsons...and everyone pretty much knew he wasn’t going to veer too far from the Gibson lineup. Same with the amps, they look like a retro Marshall. If that’s what sells, more power to him!

12. blandy-rhoades

blandy-rhoades Member

i was a fan of zakk in the 80s but wow, his tone got so bad after that first album with Ozzy. his playing really fell off a cliff as well, probably due to the drinking. i can't imagine that helped his cause with signature gear. mans gotta eat and i don't blame him for selling, god knows he probably got a raw deal from the osbournes if sharon had anything to do with it. but i wouldn't consider buying any of his stuff...

13. Brad Hope

Brad Hope Member

I’m still a huge fan of Zakk, but I do find myself listening to, and playing, songs from Wicked and Tears albums. Maybe an occasional BLS song, but there’s only 4-5 that I like. His tone did change, too much chorus for me, and mids are way over the top. NRFTW had his best tone IMO. Solos on those two albums were more creative as well. Seems like he’s leaned a little too close to “Dime-style” writing, and gotten away from his own sound. I remember when he first came out. Jaws were dropping, he was so much different than Jake, and nobody else was really doing what he was. He needs to get back to that and dump what he’s doing now. Everything has sounded the same since Black Rain, and it started heading that way with Ozzmosis.

14. Bluesful

Bluesful Supporting Member

So did they ever hit retailers?

15. Blix

Blix Member

Maybe they sounded as bad as the hideous guitars looked and no one wanted to touch them...

GilmourD likes this.
  16. DRS

DRS Member

So, with regards to the 357 scam, people actually believed that if the sent someone somewhere $100 for a toy motorcycle, they would receive a $799 guitar at no additional cost?

17. Kelly

Kelly Member

It was promoted through Zakks official fan club and website. The administrator was in on the scam. There was more to it, most of which has been deleted over the years. Zakk even addressed it in Guitar World. Instead of apologizing he made the same kind of comment as you, " they should have lnown better". No respect for that guy at all.

18. WholeLottaGlove

WholeLottaGlove Supporting Member

I may not care for all of Zakk’s music or gear choices, but his solo on “No More Tears” is top 5 all time for me. Damn that was good.

NorCal_Val likes this.
  19. Sirloin

Sirloin Supporting Member

Yep. Wish he would do another Pride & Glory style record. I liked that too.

Stormin likes this.
  20. Brad Hope

Brad Hope Member

Amps haven’t hit stores yet...not sure if they ever will. They’re just a 2203ZW basically. Same amp as his Marshalls.