So what is the latest and greatest touch sensitive pedals?

JinX78

I really like all my dirt pedals, but one of them really stands out in the picking dynamics category, the keeley bd-2. It really reacts great to how hard you hit the strings, which makes it a very fun pedal. I'm happy with the bd2, but might want something else that excels in picking dynamics in a different flavor.

What's the latest and greatest in this category?

JinX78

Ya I was thinking about that...not sure. I'm open to different suggestions. I think the bd2 if anything is supposed to approximate a blackface or something. I would like something with more pronounced mids. That's the direction I've been moving in. I like my burn unit and CDD, but they definitely are not as touch sensitive as the bd2

eriwebnerr

Some are digging the caveman od for touch sensitivity. Personally I like the mad professor royal blue od best for this.
Expandora is very touch sensitive too. Many dumble style pedals will have more pronounced mids than the bd2 and still be touch sensitive. I thought barber burn unit was good.

jurfin

nice pun ^___^

i have found the rat to be great for this - but before that it was the crowther hotcake. with either of them you can pretty much go from cleanish to dirty with how hard you iht the strings.

RickB

I'm impressed by the touch sensitivity of my new black FD-3. Plenty of mids on tap and it really reacts well to pick attack.

Wayne Hussey

The Wampler Euphoria is supposed to be very touch sensitive by design. There's even a demo by Wampler Pedals on YouTube that mentions and shows this feature specifically.

I also have a stock BD-2 and like it a lot for how it is sensitive to picking intensity as well.

straticus

I bought the Horus Overdrive based on a demo I saw by Pete Thorn and I'm very happy with it. It's extremely touch sensitive.

I've tried a ton of overdrive pedals and the Horus is one of the very few that can truly be dialed in to be transparent. But at the same time it also has a set of very simple but effective tone controls. I'd say it's worth checking out.

The Caveman looks interesting too.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom