• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

So... what kicked your Tim(my) off your board?

nb_fan

I'm just curious... I'm reading reading that Paul C's Tim(my)s are kicking pedals off pedalboards left right and center.

I've tried the Timmy - it was nice. Can't say I was compelled to buy one to kick anything off my board, though.

So tell me, what's kicked the Tim(my) off your board?

orogeny

Gold Supporting Member
the only time i don't have one is when i'm rocking a fuzz-only setup that can dial me in from clean to mean via guitar volume. even then, i miss it as a boost/eq.

favorite pedal by quite a stretch.

Donn Rowe

For me it was the Box O Rocks..just works better with the setup Im on now. I like it and its good pedal..and Im not selling.. it but Im not blown away by it either but it does play nice with my Klon so........

TenneyThe2nd

The DLS booted it from it's function of low gain overdrive...

...but it just moved over to lead boost land and made my jaw drop further than before!

jads57

Silver Supporting Member
I've been through 3 of them. This time unless I'm completely broke it's staying alongside my Lovepedal E Burst! I also love my Lovekraft Mojodrive!

cporche

i didnt like my timmy after a while. i loved it at first. i preferred my RC booster, but now the only OD i use is the BB+ and if the deal goes through hopefully it will get replaced with a king of tone. but i wasnt a fan of my timmy.

playthecray

Silver Supporting Member
A Kingsley Jester kicked the TIM off my board. I still have my TIM and will be using it on a 2nd board with a PCE Ranger and KOT V4 that I just received the top of the list e-mail from Mike. I think the TIM is a great pedal.

tinkercity

Silver Supporting Member
It's just one of those really useful OD pedals... It has a powerful EQ, very clear sounding and projects my tone like no other pedal. When I don't want the transparent in your face thing, I've got other tones but I'm really liking the Timmy. Leaps and bounds over many OD's I've tried.

Forgot to add, I wasn't digging it as much as I thought I would at home at low volumes, but at band volumes the pedals projection really shines. In a live environment everything sounds different to me and the Timmy just shines!

Spratty59

I tried using it to boost my JCM (which i drive to the max with an attenuator) and it did nothing. But thats probably because i was maxing the amp out?!

Im going to try it as a boost for my Orange Rockerverb50 (which i don't have an attenuator for) and if it doesn't do the trick I will be putting it onto ebay and then look for a boost that works haha.

jrjones

Silver Supporting Member
a Tim. I have no interest in replacing it now. You must not be using an el84 amp with it because it kills with my ac30...

jboyjams

the only time i don't have one is when i'm rocking a fuzz-only setup that can dial me in from clean to mean via guitar volume. even then, i miss it as a boost/eq.

favorite pedal by quite a stretch.
That's what I like to hear - should come up soon on the list.

Well said about the Fuzz - been loving the Fuzz Faces

nb_fan

Looks like the Tim(my) love has made its way over to this thread early on :wave

FWIW, I tried the Timmy through a 6v6 amp (and not my rig). I thought it was good, but I didn't get swept away (I liked the breakup of the Klon clone I was playing better). I'm currently running a pedalboard with a Barber LTD SR (low gain)> Skreddy Screwdriver (Zep tones) > Lovepedal Gold Dragon Fuzz ("mild but fat" fuzz > BB Preamp (fat booster with slight gain)

I thought the Barber LTD SR and the Timmy were pretty similar. I'm still not 100% sure I like the Barber LTD SR (which is why I've contemplated the Timmy), but I compared it to the Timmy and I'm not convinced they're that different in core tone. Maybe I just hadn't spent enough time with both to see the real difference

Trending Topics

Top Bottom