So what next in the amp department...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Davetfdurban, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Davetfdurban

Davetfdurban Member

Im selling my Two-Rock Jet great amp but not really my thing. And heard my friends Matchless Chieftain reverb what a sound. Im from the UK and dont mind importing from the US. What do you guys think is a far price for one of these baring in mind they dont appear in the UK really second hand. Also what about the Clubman? opinons...

Cheers,

2. guitardr

guitardr Silver Supporting Member

Right there in the UK you've got Cornford that so many great players are using on both sides of the pond; and then a gifted ex-patriate of yours is in Massachusetts making Carol-Ann. Check those two out and then rethink this one.

3. Davetfdurban

Davetfdurban Member

Cheers for the reply ive played quite a few of the cornfords and have had the roadhouse30 for a while. Really not moved be them at all! as for carol-ann, may check out have heard a few but you gotta play these things really to get a feel for it and thats just not gunna happen unfortunatly...

4. trap

trap Supporting Member

have you tried an extension cab with the jet? or is it a head? BIG sound!:)

5. Davetfdurban

Davetfdurban Member

Hey, yea its a head. Same mod as the one on you-tube infact thats my bruno cab he's using. I think the Jet is an amazing amp just a lot of money to buy over here and a little to refined for my tastes. My favorite players play matchless amp's, even my screen saver is of a chieftain. Im not fused on the sampson thing but i would like one thats played in just to lower the budget if anything. Due to shipping an all...

6. Davetfdurban

Davetfdurban Member

Ive found a 2004 Chieftain reverb i like in the states. Its in good condition and has a white front panel around the matchless logo, very cool. How much would you say is a fair price? Also ive never played through a combo only a head. I know there heavy but i dont mind that really, anyone have any input into how the combo sounds?

Cheers

7. Davetfdurban

Davetfdurban Member