So what, nothing big so far on this year's NAMM?

knuckle

What else is there? I think we're just spoiled as musicians. We focus so much on gear and it doesn't matter.

Google : Brushy One String and see what I mean. That's what it's all about. Not gear. But gear is sure as fu** fun eh?

What would float my boat is that if line6 came out with something for the performing musician, up to par with the Kemper systems.

But for the most part, Line6, like Guitar Center, caters to 16 year old noobs that took a hit of acid with a picture of a guitar on it and decided to be a musician that day. There's not a lot of sh*t that impresses me.

However I do have 4 stagesource speakers that I've had about a year. The on board mixer and the fact that I can just bring a L2T with me to a small gig and throw a mic into channel 1 and a guitar into channel 2 and it sounds amazing, impresses the hell out of me.

burningyen

As far as this little niche world is concerned, the Studio Devil Amplifire is pretty big news IMHO.

slugworth

The Line 6 Amplifi practice amps are priced at $399 and $499 for the 75 and 150 watt models.

Blackstar's new practice amps are $99, $149, and $199.

Amplifire will be $599. I'm getting one.

Griffin's new iPad interface (StudioConnect HD) won't be shipping until this fall. Focusrite's new iTrack Dock looks interesting.

Digitech and Zoom both introduced new low end multi pedals. New Peavey Vypyr Pro. New Yamaha THR5/THR10 firmware.

frthib

The Line 6 Amplifi practice amps are priced at $399 and $499 for the 75 and 150 watt models.

Blackstar's new practice amps are $99, $149, and $199.

Amplifire will be $599. I'm getting one.

Griffin's new iPad interface (StudioConnect HD) won't be shipping until this fall. Focusrite's new iTrack Dock looks interesting.

Digitech and Zoom both introduced new low end multi pedals. New Peavey Vypyr Pro. New Yamaha THR5/THR10 firmware.
Thanks, I didn't knew that!

Prosvetlen

slugworth, great info, thanks! You mention that you are getting an Amplifire--I can't seem to find any detailed info on this unit, can you help me with that (specs, clips). Thank you again.

db9091

Gold Supporting Member
I think the Slate Vitual Microphone System is huge.

It's the Modeler of Microphones. Anyone who records at home has a mic cabinet and a few preamps that are more than worth the price of 2 mice and 2 preamps that can virtually mimic well known studio mics.

Atomic Amps

slugworth, great info, thanks! You mention that you are getting an Amplifire--I can't seem to find any detailed info on this unit, can you help me with that (specs, clips). Thank you again.
There is a long thread about our Amplifire pedal here on TGP that has good info:https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/1378105

The first post has a link to our press release with a lot of details and there are a few videos posted from the NAMM floor. More clips, and feature videos will be available in the coming weeks.

We've already seen a bunch of forum members at the show who I'm sure will post up at some point with their impressions. So far we've been very pleased with the reaction. Thanks for your interest!

Best,

Tom

sysexguy

Wearing my "I own a studio hat", How is the Slate different than the Antares Mic Modeler from ten years ago, other than Steven Slate says it's the best?

Andy

sysexguy

I haven't been much outside our booth but the new UniversalAudio mini Apollo interface is the thing people seem to be talking about.

Andy

jbealsmusic

Wearing my "I own a studio hat", How is the Slate different than the Antares Mic Modeler from ten years ago, other than Steven Slate says it's the best?
Andy
Assuming the modelling algorithms are designed well, the fact that there is a constant source (the physical microphones that they provide to which all the modeling is applied) would give you a more consistently accurate result. Seems pretty logical to me, but what do I know...

deanesque

But for the most part, Line6, like Guitar Center, caters to 16 year old noobs that took a hit of acid with a picture of a guitar on it and decided to be a musician that day.
Or professionals like me who make 100% of their living from music and play small rooms.

slugworth

It's still a bummer that there is nothing new or even current for bass.
Yeah, I know. My secret hope was a Zoom B5, or at least an update for the B3 to allow more FX blocks. I was also really hoping that Blackstar would have entered the multi-FX market by expanding upon their ID/TVP tech.

claudel

Silver Supporting Member
<snip>

Focusrite's new iTrack Dock looks interesting.

<snip>

That does look pretty interesting.

I wonder how it compares to the Apogee Duet, sound wise.

Other than OS X compatibility, they seem to have similar specs & features, but the Focusrite is ~1/3the price...

Is the iTrack Dock for sale, yet?

Trending Topics