So what's the concensus on the Splawn Nitro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Tri7/5, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Tri7/5

Tri7/5 Supporting Member

I'm very tired of the 80's superstrat into a Splawn sound. I know those things can do more than just that. I have been wanting to try a Nitro for a while. So let's hear from the guys who have given these a run through and not pulled out a constant barrage of EVH riffs in the process.

2. fearhk213

fearhk213 Member

I should have mine in a couple of weeks or less. I'm in the Mastodon, Machine Head, Fear Factory, etc camp. It's supposed to handle that stuff in spades so I'll let you know when I get it. If I forget to post again feel free to pm me.

3. Tri7/5

Tri7/5 Supporting Member

Sounds cool, I'd love to hear that thing do some tight hi gain mutes. Let us know how it turns out!

4. howthewestwas1

howthewestwas1 Supporting Member

Dyingsea, I absolutely love my Nitro. I've done a lot of small recordings with it. You can find them here: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=358837&content=music

I don't play any 80's metal in any of the clips. Mostly modern type stuff. You mentioned you wanted to hear tight hi gain mutes...I would check out the tracks "breathe life" and "drop C riffs". Some songs were done more than once because I was trying to figure out mic placements and amp setups to best capture the amp. Let me know if you have any questions and I'd be glad to help you out.

-Windsen

5. fearhk213

fearhk213 Member

Nice clips man. I see you did most of your clips w/the Govenors. Are you not digging the small blocks? How loud are you finding you need to turn up to get the goods?

Frank

6. paulscape

paulscape Member

7. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Time Warped Gold Supporting Member

:AOK Good to see ya here bro!

Hacksaw

8. Tri7/5

Tri7/5 Supporting Member

Good stuff, did you dig the KT's or EL's better in this amp? For some reason I think the KT's would just be great in an amp like this.

9. howthewestwas1

howthewestwas1 Supporting Member

thanks guys.

i really, really like the sb25s. the sb65s are too scooped for me. the govs just record really well.

the amps begin to open up around 8:00 on the master, which is pretty loud. that's where things start sounding amazing though =)

drums were either midi, or midi converted into drum sims via ez drummer/cubase done by a friend of mine.

i prefer the KT77s in the nitro. they just seem to work really well in that amp.

10. johnnybrulez

johnnybrulez Member

In Flames. \m/ Can the amp get nastier? I love the tone. Seems a bit tamed down compared to what I've heard from in flames. Their distorted sounds are insanity.