so what's up w/ the MP auto wah?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by drjoel, Feb 19, 2009.

1. drjoel

drjoel Silver Supporting Member

wondering if it can replace a wah on a small board but see them being flipped. so what's up?

2. flyingvees

flyingvees Member

I dont think it will replace a normal wah....I think its a very useful pedal for texture and a very warm sounding envelope filter as well but without a dynamic control like an expression pedal I dont see it ever taking the place of a normal wah...

3. Alter

Alter Member

depends on how you use your wah. it can do most of the things an wah does (not all), but there is a learning curve with autowahs. sometimes a normal wah is more practical. it did replace my wah on the pedaltrain mini board (and i love all the things it does a traditional wah doesn't), but i still take a wah pedal now and then at bigger gigs..

i 've had it for about a month, and still feel i am only learning the pedal..

4. CitizenAudio

CitizenAudio Member

love it. dont want to sell it and not really trying to but mine is on the emporium.

it definitely has a high learning curve. i find it is a very sensitive pedal and one needs to keep adjusting knobs depending on their amp, guitar, and what efx are on.

5. szechuan

szechuan Member

I also have one in the emporium - just don't need wah in my chain, although it is a very warm and interesting pedal that I could still use.