So...What’s your favorite Treble booster?

Z3P0

Silver Supporting Member
Between my Fulltone OC75 Ranger and Arc Effects Gamut, I like the harmonic excitement from the latter. I think the Gamut sounds a bit fuller and more natural in the bass and across the frequency spectrum overall. Wish it was available in a smaller enclosure though.

The handwired Legendary Tones Time Machine Boost was really good too. Still wish I had that one.

I’ve got a Drybell Unit 67 on my board but don’t really see it as a typical treble booster. I know it’s there in the range control but use the pedal more as an EQ’d (or not) boost with an occasional light compression mixed in for sustain. The Unit 67 wins for versatility, size, and solid sounds.

Can’t go wrong with any of these. I think they all are great choices.

Last edited:

guitarnet70

I must admit it is the only one that I ever had, but I really like the Rangemaster side of my Thorpy Veteran. It is a Full range Ge Booster and I start to have it on almost all the time. It adds deep and bloom to cleans and tightness and chime to dirts.
If I'm not mistaken they use the same circuit also for the left side of the Heavy Water boost

JesterR

Not too much experience, but love my Naga Viper. Maybe not that authentic as others, but I like extra flexibility, and still has that Treble Booster thing going on.
Range knob is especially handy for different guitars/ gain levels to pair.

mikestearns

I've been wanting a treble booster for a while, I just got a Unit 67. And I like it a lot, but I do still plan on getting a Beano boost.

Ricky A

After a germanium Beano melted down at an outdoor show,I will only use silicon...NRG Poker-BC107 is my current fave...the green one is a limited run

Attachments

• IMG_20220305_114132.jpg
    IMG_20220305_114132.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

tinkercity

Silver Supporting Member
My top three I've owned and still own are:

- Vemuram Shanks 3k
- R2R 6 Position Rangemaster
- Toneman Rangemaster with the full range switch

Spacemuffin

I found the Fulltone Ranger to be the easiest to dial in to a rig, super quiet, whilst still sounding kick ass old school.
Throbak Strange Master perhaps a bit more authentic sounding, and sounds amazing boosting a Muff, but can get a bit shrill at lower volumes (depending on settings).
Naga Viper sounds a bit more modern to me, but also a great sound.

MadaFaka

Silver Supporting Member
Besides my Thorpy Si veteran side which is set as a treble booster, i have R Weaver FX treble booster, the best reincarnation of famous Cesar Diaz Texas ranger for Sayce, Stevie, Hoax stuff..

macrossgeorge

Gold Supporting Member
I too found that Germanium treble boosters were too temperamental especially because I rehearse outdoors and most of my gigs have been outdoors for the past year. I had them sounding great on the first song but a few songs in and it starts to fall apart especially when the sun shines down on my pedalboard. The Naga Viper has been much more stable and musical for my needs. Really wanting to try an NRG Poker but hesitant to throw $300 at a treble booster right now.

griley

Blue Colander Superhigh - awesome sounds, beautiful build quality, and the gain control is a great addition.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom