So who is modding Marshalls these days???

EelEye

Gold Supporting Member
I've got a recent 4-holer that I'd like to have modded to something similar to the Cameron Aldrich mod. I realize he has his own amps now and I'm really set on modding this particular amp. I'm looking for an extra gain stage and a tube-buffered FX loop as well. Anybody have any ideas on who can do this?

908SSP

I've got a recent 4-holer that I'd like to have modded to something similar to the Cameron Aldrich mod. I realize he has his own amps now and I'm really set on modding this particular amp. I'm looking for an extra gain stage and a tube-buffered FX loop as well. Anybody have any ideas on who can do this?
Not an old one I take it? You're throwing your money away. You can't get squat for a modded amp.

jpage

Not an old one I take it? You're throwing your money away. You can't get squat for a modded amp.
How about enjoyment? I don't think anyone is suggesting he muck up a vintage piece, but I've sold modded Marshall RIs and clean original Marshall RIs and I can tell you right now the modded ones brought alot more.

Ed Reed

John Suhr did my 1970 100 watt. It was not a museum piece (holes drilled in the chassis and the OT was bad), so what the heck. It sounds great nd that's what matters and in my opinion, it's worth more now than before he tweeked it.

Trending Topics