So who thinks the new Bass Soul Food would work better on guitar than the original?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gibs5000, Jan 15, 2015.

1. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

A long title but it pretty much says it all.

2. superdave2001

superdave2001 Supporting Member

As long as it's like the original at Blend=100%, I'll be happy to try it. I wish more pedals outside of the Delay/Mod/Verb world had blend knobs.

3. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

^thats why I think a lot of guitarist would use this "bass" pedal, because of that added feature, you could use it more like a clean boost like everyone uses the klon as.

4. losergeek

losergeek Member

This is why I like the bass muff for guitar better than the original - having a dry mix/blend option frees up a lot of tones...not sure if its the same here or not.

5. Black_Label

Black_Label Member

And it's black! Anything worth making is worth making in black.

6. Alchemy Audio

Alchemy Audio Silver Supporting Member

All I know is I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival so I can dissect / modify it.:cool:

7. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

8. eriwebnerr

eriwebnerr Member

Wondering about any updated reports on the Bass SF. My main issue with the original SF was the loss of low end and I found the drive a tad nasally. I think the blend would address the drive, but wondering if the OD circuit actually preserves more low end than the original.

EHX mentions "extended low end" for guitar in their video, but is this just courtesy of the blend knob? In other words, did they just decouple the drive and blend, or is there more going on with this version?
    Thanks!

9. eddie knuckles

eddie knuckles Member

I have the JHS modded SF. It has a bass boost that makes the pedal all the better.